CaptainJackSparrow

Weekend ASM2 thread: 92M

I will go and say Sat over 30 million seems assured and likely more. 

If it missed 31 mill, I'd be shocked.  That's a 20% increase.  That seems pretty reasonable.

Yeah Sat is far more busier then Fri for Spiderman here in Canada. 

Where do you get the info from?

Just got back from seeing itThought it was pretty good. Better than the first ASM. And I'll give it this much over the Raimi movies; Garfield and Stone are miles better than McGuire and Dunst!I though the story line was fine and I liked the way they are setting up the larger world with the sinister six coming.

Just got back from seeing itThought it was pretty good. Better than the first ASM.And I'll give it this much over the Raimi movies; Garfield and Stone are miles better than McGuire and Dunst!I though the story line was fine and I liked the way they are setting up the larger world with the sinister six coming.

The chemistry was great. It felt real unlike Tobey and Dunst.

• Like 1

Something I thought about:The digital age, with all its possibilities, all those screens, movies playing on at the same time in all those multiplexes. Sometimes you would wish the old times back, where even medium sized hits could play in front of a huge crowd all day long.

That's cinema to me. The excitement of huge crowds buzzing a movie.

Today you get it with real big blockbusters or surprise hits with small theater count, but sitting in 300 seater with 50 poeple just doesn't feel right, but it's getting more and more common, even for movies that look like strong moneymakers from the numbers.

Also, with killing midnights, I literally felt the excitment of midnight, sitting in my living room in Germany reading the forums. Somehow that is gone and I really miss that...

• Like 2

The chemistry was great. It felt real unlike Tobey and Dunst.

The Raimi's films would have been half an hour shorter if Tobey didn't take 12 minutes to pronounce a sentence when speaking to MJ :D I still really liked him though and while I think Garfield and Stone have better chemistry there's something innocent and sincere about those first movies that ASM could never replicate.

• Like 3

I miss midnights big time.  I'm really pissed that Canada took them out too.  We are not the US, we don't have crazed gunmen shooting up theaters.  I love the midnight atmosphere and I really hope they bring it back for SW7.

• Like 4