CaptainJackSparrow

Weekend ASM2 thread: 92M

Well, rather than get myself upset about the weekend box offfice numbers for TOW again - I guess I just need to accept that fact that some moviegoers are fans of really dumb comedies.  (Take Sandler's career, for example).  I just could not believe that women would be so interested in seeing a movie that stars 3 women, but does not pass the Bechdel Test and where the story revolves around a man.  I expect my own gender to be fans of terrible movies (Transformers, Bay, Sandler, Snyder, etc.), but I always figured that females had somewhat higher standards with their movie choices.  On the bright side, the U.S.A. / Canada have a combined population of about 350 million people, but TOW has only sold about 5 million tickets.  Thus, it makes me feel a little better to know that about 345 million of us have chosen NOT to see TOW.

High School Musical

Nicholas Sparks

Most old Julia Roberts/Sandra Bullock movies

Twilight

Divergent

Thor  :P

every Lifetime/ABC Family/Hallmark movie ever made 

Women don't have that great of movie taste either  :lol:

• Like 1

High School Musical

Nicholas Sparks

Most old Julia Roberts/Sandra Bullock movies

Twilight

Divergent

Thor  :P

every Lifetime/ABC Family/Hallmark movie ever made 

Women don't have that great of movie taste either  :lol:

McConaughey's dark days movies...

• Like 1

JAWS 2 is on AMC right now.  I can watch Jaws and the sequel every night.  Seriously love the first two films.

JAWS will be on in about 1.5 hours on AMC...may catch that since its been a while...

• Like 1

One of the most horrifying scenes I've ever seen is in Jaws 2 when Sean falls in the water, the girls goes to help him out and he gets up but not her.  She gets swallowed whole by the shark.  Fucking crazy.

Here's a cool scene not seen in theaters:

JAWS will be on in about 1.5 hours on AMC...may catch that since its been a while...

I haven't seen JAWS since Wednesday.

• Like 2

I wouldn't be surprised if TASM3 is delayed by a year and the spinoffs cancelled. I think rushing out the sequels is hurting the franchise and an extra year's break may be beneficial. Not sure where it could go though, maybe July 4th weekend 2017

I wouldn't be surprised if TASM3 is delayed by a year and the spinoffs cancelled. I think rushing out the sequels is hurting the franchise and an extra year's break may be beneficial. Not sure where it could go though, maybe July 4th weekend 2017

I want Sony to postpone the movie long enough so that it reverts back to Marvel...Too bad I don't have enough of Sony stock to email Kaz Hirai to make it so...

I want Sony to postpone the movie long enough so that it reverts back to Marvel...Too bad I don't have enough of Sony stock to email Kaz Hirai to make it so...

It would never happen they stand to lose too much if they did

So it was the scene in Shawshank where the Warden has Tommy killed. I saw the movie five times in theaters and every time the audience gasped

What is this post in response to? 

Meh. Marvel itself has big misses of their own while Sony has a hit or two with SM series, especially Spider-man 2.

So I don't care about where since we know studios can make good adaptation. We just need them to work harder to get more consistent with quality.