CaptainJackSparrow

Weekend ASM2 thread: 92M

Yeah, nobody living outside of America is gonna do that :lol: Can't wait until that begins. But for now I have to support my team that is on the Europa League final  B)

I am supporting Benfica and Atletico this time in the European finals. Let the underdogs win for once.

The world wants to see Bay's Turtles. 

I don't see why the Turtles would not have a strong opening. Turtles sold over half a billion dollars worth of merchandise last year, the first trailer is the most viewed among all summer releases, and let's face it, the Michael Bay marketing machine will be out in full force for it. It will definitely open big, legs will be suspect.

August has 18 wide releases, almost nothing will have good legs in that month. Even GOTG has direct demo competition every single one of the next 3 weeks.

Edited by grim22

TASM was decent.. TASM2 shows us what happens when you make a near batman and robin like film and all the money in the world is thrown at it , and your just not going to impress fans that want a Rami SM2  level film..

This one deserves all the dismal BO its  receiving. . I heard the Brazil OW is  going to be huge though.

The fact that you're comparing this to B&R renders everything you just said moot. The only Schumacher Batman film this reminded me of was BF, and only in the similarities between Foxx and Carrey's nerdiness and obsession with the hero.

I don't see why the Turtles would not have a strong opening. Turtles sold over half a billion dollars worth of merchandise last year, the first trailer is the most viewed among all summer releases, and let's face it, the Michael Bay marketing machine will be out in full force for it. It will definitely open big, legs will be suspect.

August has 18 wide releases, almost nothing will have good legs in that month. Even GOTG has direct demo competition every single one of the next 3 weeks.

I haven't been paying attention so I was curious to see if Turtles were still a thing.

Behave yourself #ED.

It's the internet. We assume your a nice and firm hot momma that unfortunately works in Legal. Keep it up E.
  • Like 2

To get it over $88-90m. 

I just think they wanted a number higher than TASM's OD. Something to hang their hat on until they can say TASM2 beat TASM's OW by 25mish. I highly doubt this breaks 90m. 

• Like 1