riczhang

Year 8 Oscar Picks (VOTING CLOSED see P.5 for details)

And Cinema Studies/ALTDF, while I'm glad you love them, are strange choices for the sound categories.Then again, Summit tried to campaign 50/50 for Visual Effects...

Edited by Spaghetti
  • Like 3

And Cinema Studies/ALTDF, while I'm glad you love them, are strange choices for the sound categories.Then again, Summit tried to campaign 50/50 for Visual Effects...

WHAT? LOL

• Like 1

Year 2 was also a year the game nearly went into the toilet, funny enough. But yeah, I want to write more female leads in the future. I'll have two female leads for sure, as well as a few other large roles for females. I think I'm too based in casting men.

Most of my upcoming movies have female leads, so... I hope I'll put up a good fight.

I still really can't get over the fact that The Little Mermaid has two nods for Best Picture. I mean, what?! Just... what?! 

Yes, it's (probably) technically very impressive but it's really not well written enough to get a Best Picture nod.

• Like 3

It's not going to get a nomination. Even if it gets to the tiebreaker round it won't get through it.

Though a BP nomination would be hilarious. And it would not be the worst film nominated for BP in this game so far IMO.

Year 2 was also a year the game nearly went into the toilet, funny enough. But yeah, I want to write more female leads in the future. I'll have two female leads for sure, as well as a few other large roles for females. I think I'm too based in casting men.

Next year one of my Oscar contenders will be a female lead. The other I don't think so off the top of my head, though the finished project may have her role larger than I think now.

It's not going to get a nomination. Even if it gets to the tiebreaker round it won't get through it.

Though a BP nomination would be hilarious. And it would not be the worst film nominated for BP in this game so far IMO.

What's that? 

Just imagine CJohn coming back in like a week or two and find out he got a BP nomination. I don't know whether he'll be happy or just judge the heck out of us for nominating it.

• Like 1

I know, but the fact that it's half-plausible contender very much disturbs me. (And I'm not at all sore that it's somehow got more nods than Mushishi)

Also, you've got my interest. What are the most awful films that have been nominated for BP?

I know, but the fact that it's half-plausible contender very much disturbs me. (And I'm not at all sore that it's somehow got more nods than Mushishi)

Also, you've got my interest. What are the most awful films that have been nominated for BP?

Why was I thinking that Mushishi was actually a front runner right now? Did it get less than two nods O.o? 

Why was I thinking that Mushishi was actually a front runner right now? Did it get less than two nods O.o? 

It's bizarre. It seems to be a frontrunner in pretty much every single award except Best Picture.

I assume I accidentally wrote everyone's 6th favourite choice. 

• Like 1

It's bizarre. It seems to be a frontrunner in pretty much every single award except Best Picture.

I assume I accidentally wrote everyone's 6th favourite choice. 

Well, Risk Management all over again. I'm guessing The Bronx is Burning will take Best Picture then, just for the heck of it.

What's that? 

Just imagine CJohn coming back in like a week or two and find out he got a BP nomination. I don't know whether he'll be happy or just judge the heck out of us for nominating it.

In CAYOM 2.0 there haven't been any bad nominees.

But the BOM original game, oh boy there were a few.

• Like 1

Well, Risk Management all over again. I'm guessing The Bronx is Burning will take Best Picture then, just for the heck of it.

Yeah, it's bizarre how, for what was originally the frontrunner, how much the Giver's dropped off. It had the most appearances in the Top 5 (4) but now I'm not even sure if it's received 4 nods yet. (Although Alpha hasn't voted yet)

Just keep in mind there's a lot of politicking in the Oscar picks thread. People here and there will leave off films they assume will get in so they can push personal favorites.

Not gonna lie, I'd be bummed if Tommy didn't get a nomination for Production Design. The broadway show its based on should give you a sense of the kind of visual look I'm going for here. Honestly, it's the one tech category I want more than anything else.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Spaghetti

I still really can't get over the fact that The Little Mermaid has two nods for Best Picture. I mean, what?! Just... what?! 

Yes, it's (probably) technically very impressive but it's really not well written enough to get a Best Picture nod.

I really liked The Little Mermaid

Posted Image

• Like 1