riczhang

Year 8 Oscar Picks (VOTING CLOSED see P.5 for details)

AP exams are these special tests in the United States (and a few other places in the Western Hemisphere) that high schoolers can take and potentially get college credit on if they do well. They're graded on a scale of 1-5, with 5 being great and 1 being awful. Most students will get credit if they score a 4 or 5, but passing 3 scores are not unheard of. Each university has its own AP policy.

Interesting. First time I heard of such a thing. Still, best of luck with them. Here you only take that exam at the end of high school and you get into college depending on the grade you get there.

So, basically, you can be lazy for 4 years then catch up in a month and still get into a decent college. As for me, I'm going to take a Cambridge exam either this winter or next summer for college.

Best Picture

The Bronx is BurningCinema StudiesFlowers For AlgernonThe GiverResonance

Best Animated Feature

Avatar: The Last Airbender - The SearchThe CreatorsHand Drawn HeroesThe Legend of RedwallThomas Was Alone

Best Documentary Feature

Flappy BirdThe Guardian of the WestTwinkie

Best Director

Darren Aronofsky, ResonanceDavid Lynch, The GiverMartin Scorcese, The Bronx is BurningGuillmero del Toro, MushishiJim Rash & Nat Fixon, Cinema Studies

Best Ensemble

Cinema StudiesThe Concert's EndThe GiverMushishiResonance

Best Actor

Michael Fassbender, The Concert's EndJared Leto, Flowers For AlgernonEzra Miller, The DeadlineLiam Neeson, ResonanceStanley Tucci, The Bronx is Burning

Best Actress

Rose Byrne, The Who's TommyIsla Fisher, Flowers For AlgernonJennifer Lawrence, A Love To Die ForAnnaSophia Robb, Cinema StudiesSigourney Weaver, Mushishi

Best Supporting Actor

Gael García Bernal, ResonanceJeff Bridges, The GiverJohnny Depp, Flowers For AlgernonChiwetel Ejiofor, The Bronx is BurningGary Oldman, The Most Dangerous Game

Best Supporting Actress

Berenice Bejo, The Concert's EndRose Byrne, MushishiHelena Bonham Carter, Flowers For AlgernonJulia Louis-Dreyfuss, Cinema StudiesSalma Hayek, Resonance

Best Voice Actor/Actress in a Leading Role

Jay Baruchel, The CreatorsJesse Eisenberg, The Legend of RedwallNeil Patrick Harris, Hand Drawn HeroesDemi Lovato, Hard To FindAndy Serkis, Catch That Pigeon!

Best Voice Actor/Actress in a Supporting Role

Mark Hamill, Hand Drawn HeroesJon Hamm, StarCraft: Brood WarJohn Hurt, The Legend of RedwallKeith Szarabajka, Dragon Age: AwakeningAlan Tudyk, The Dresden Files: Storm Front

Best Original Screenplay

Cinema StudiesThe Concert's EndThe DeadlineResonanceTwo Way Road

Best Adapted Screenplay

The Bronx is BurningFlowers For AlgernonThe GiverHand Drawn HeroesMushishi

Best Original Score

Angelo Badlamenti, The GiverPatrick Doyle, The Concert's EndDanny Elfman, Hand Drawn HeroesJoe Hisashi, MushishiClint Mansell, Resonance

Best Original Song

"Everybody Needs A Home", performed by Skylar Grey, Flowers For Algernon"The World Is Waiting", performed by I Fight Dragons, Hand Drawn Heroes"I'm Free", performed by Hailee Steinfeld, The Innocent"Alcohol of Fame", performed by Fever Ray & Aphex Twin, Keg Party"Please Let Me Know", performed by Christian Bale & Rose Bryne, The Who's Tommy

Best Cinematography

The Bronx is BurningThe GiverMushishiResonanceTwo Way Road

Best Film Editing

The Bronx is BurningFlowers For AlgernonThe GiverMushishiResonance

Best Production Design

The Bronx is BurningDonuts Are Zombies Too Along With The Dominant WalrusesThe GiverMushishiStarCraft: Brood War

Best Costume Design

DraculaDragon Age: AwakeningThe GiverMushishiStarCraft: Brood War

Best Makeup & Hairstyling

Donuts Are Zombies Too Along With The Dominant WalrusesDraculaDragon Age: AwakeningThe GiverMushishi

Best Sound Mixing

The GiverMushishiResonanceThe Who's TommyStarCraft: Brood War

Best Sound Editing

The GiverMushishiResonanceThe Who's TommyStarCraft: Brood War

Best Visual Effects

Dragon Age: AwakeningThe Dresden Files: Storm FrontThe GiverMushishiStarCraft: Brood War

Best Use of Action

FeedMushishiResonanceRun & GunStarCraft: Brood War

Edited by Alpha
  • Like 2

I forgot to throw Danny Wallace (Thomas was Alone) into consideration for Voice Performance.

He's just narrating though. Wouldn't he be ineligible in the same way that Documentary Narrators are ineligible?

Best Picture

Resonance

At the Mountains of Madness

The Giver

The Little Mermaid

Midnight in the Afghan Valley

Best Animated Feature

Thomas Was Alone

Hand Drawn Heroes

The Creators

Tales of Redwall

MirrorWorld

Best Director

Mushishi- Guilermo del Toro

The Bronx is Burning- Martin Scorsese

The Giver- David Lynch

Flowers of Algernon- Tim Burton

Resonance- Darren Aronofsky

Best Ensemble

The Giver

The Concert's End

The Bronx is Burning

Mushishi

Best Actor

Liam Neeson for Resonance

Stanley Tucci- The Bronx is BurningJared Leto- Flowers for Algernon

Preston Bailey- The Giver

Matt Damon- At the Mountains of Madness

Best Actress

Isla Fisher- Flowers for AlgernonEmma Watson- The Little MermaidMia Wasikowska- Two-Way Road

Freida Pinto- Midnight in the Afghan Valley

Natalie Portman- Dracula

Best Supporting Actor

Russell Crowe- Walls of StoneChiwetel Ejiofor- The Bronx is Burning

Jeff Bridges- The Giver

Daniel Sharman- Midnight in the Afghan Valley

Clive Owen- Two-Way Road

Best Supporting Actress

Helena Bonham Carter- Flowers for AlgernonSalma Hayek- ResonanceJulia Louis-Dreyfuss- Cinema Studies

Rose Byrne- Mushishi

Queen Latifah- The Little Mermaid

Best Voice Actor/Actress in a Leading Role

Neil Patrick Harris- Hand Drawn Heroes

Danny Wallace- Thomas Was Alone

Jay Baruchel- The Creators

Jessie Eisenberg- The Tales of Redwall

Andy Serkis- Catch that Pigeon

Best Voice Actor/Actress in a Supporting Role

Mark Hamill- Hand Drawn HeroesJon Hamm- StarCraft: Brood War

Alan Tudyk- The Dresden Files: Stormfront

Best Original Screenplay

Two Way Road

The Concert's End

Resonance

Donuts Are Zombies Too Along With the Dominant Walruses

Best Adapted Screenplay

Mushishi

The Bronx is Burning

The Giver

Flowers for Algernon

The Little Mermaid

Best Original Score

Clint Mansell- Resonance 

Danny Elfman- The Flowers of Algernon

Angelo Badalamenti- The Giver

Alexandre Desplat- Midnight in the Afghan Valley

Danny Elfman- Hand Drawn Heroes

Best Original Song

"Everybody Needs a Home" by Skylar Grey- The Flowers of Algernon

"Please Let Me Know"- The Who's Tommy

"The World Is Waiting" by I Fight Dragons- Hand Drawn Heroes

Best Cinematography

Two Way Road

The Bronx is Burning

A Stranger in a Strange Land

Best Film Editing

The Bronx is Burning

The Who's Tommy

The Concert's End

Best Art Direction

The Academy

The Giver

Resonance

The Little Mermaid

Best Costumes

Mushishi

The Academy

Dracula

The Little Mermaid

Flowers for Algernon

Best Makeup

Mushishi

The Good The Bad and The Dead

The Academy

The Who's Tommy

Feed

Best Sound Mixing

StarCraft: Brood War

The Who's Tommy

The Giver

Resonance

Best Sound Editing

The Who's Tommy

The Giver

Resonance

Best Visual Effects

Godzilla: Apocalypse Part 1

The Little Mermaid

Pompeii

Best Use of Action

Pompeii

Resonance

Godzilla: Apocalypse Part 1

Edited by Hiccup

Best PictureA love to die forCinema studiesFlowers for algernonThe Bronx is burningThe little mermaidBest Animated FeatureCatch that pigeonChessmenHand drawn heroesMirrorWorldThe legend of redwallBest DirectorTim Burton- Flowers For AlgernonGuillermo Del Toro- MushiniDarren Aronofsky- ResonanceMartin Scorcese- The Bronx Is BurningJon Favreau- The Little MermaidBest EnsembleA Love To Die ForFlowers For AlgernonMushiniThe Bronx Is BurningThe Little MermaidBest ActorChanning tatum- a love to die forLiam neeson- resonanceStanley tucci- the Bronx is burningMichael fassbender- the concerts endRobert Downey jr- the Dresden files: stormfrontBest ActressJennifer Lawrence- a love to die forAnna Sophia-Robb- Cinema StudiesIsla Fisher- flowers for algernonRose Byrne- the who's tommyMia wasikowska- two way roadBest Supporting ActorEthan hawke- cinema studiesJosh hutcherson- cinema studiesChiwetel Ejiofor- The Bronx is burningAlan rickman- the concerts endJeff bridges- the giverBest Supporting ActressJulia louis-Dreyfus- Cinema StudiesHelena Bonham-Carter- flowers for algernonJessica chastain- hairsprayRose Byrne- mushiniSelma Hayek- resonance Best Voice Actor/Actress in a Leading RoleAndy serkis- catch that pigeonNicholas hoult- chessmenDemi Lovato- hard to findJay baruchel- the creatorsJesse Eisenberg- the legend of redwallBest Voice Actor/Actress in a Supporting RoleKristen bell- candy crushAlan Tudyk- the Dresden files: stormfrontMars mikklesen- the gardenJohn hurt- the legend of redwallSimon Pegg- the little mermaidBest Original ScreenplayCinema studiesMidnight in the afghan valleyResonanceThe academyThe concerts endBest Adapted ScreenplayFlowers for algernonHand drawn heroesMushiniThe Bronx is burningThe legend of redwallBest Original ScoreDanny elfman- flowers for algernonDanny Elfman- hand drawn heroesAlexandre desplat- midnight in the afghan valleyJoe hisashi- mushiniEnrico morricone- the good, the bad, the deadBest Original SongCatch that pigeon- catch that pigeonEveryone needs a home- flowers for algernonGet up- the innocentI'm free- the innocentPlease let me know- the who's tommyBest CinematographyFlowers for algernonMushiniResonance The Bronx is burningThe innocent (roger Deakins)Best Film EditingA love to die forCinema studiesFlowers for algernonMushiniThe Bronx is burningBest Art DirectionMushiniResonanceThe academyThe Bronx is burningThe concerts endBest CostumesMushiniThe Bronx is burningThe concerts endThe little mermaidThe NormansBest MakeupMushiniThe concerts endThe innocentThe little mermaidThe who's tommyBest Sound MixingA love to die forCinema studiesFlowers for algernonMushiniResonanceBest Sound EditingA love to die forCinema studiesFlowers for algernonMushiniResonanceBest Visual EffectsMushiniPompeiiResonanceStarcraft: blood warThe little mermaidBest use of actionDragon age: awakeningKill ThemRun and gunStarcraft: blood warThe Dresden files: stormfront

Edited by MeanGirlsFilms
  • Like 2

Is it wrong that when Blank said he wouldn't be writing a ballot, one of my first thoughts was, "Damnit! He loved Cinema Studies! Now how can I get it nominated?" :P

Edited by Spaghetti
  • Like 2

I like how any time my movies don't do well at the Oscars, Numbers is the one to put them down in his ballot.

He recognizes art, you fools! 

• Like 3

Just imagine if The Little Mermaid actually made it into Best Picture.

I'm pretty sure that would make our Oscars even less respected than the actual Oscars...

• Like 4

Not incredibly interested.

You don't have to do picks for all the categories if you don't want to.

(But I really need your help to get my films nominated.)

Year 2 was also a year the game nearly went into the toilet, funny enough. But yeah, I want to write more female leads in the future. I'll have two female leads for sure, as well as a few other large roles for females. I think I'm too based in casting men.

Edited by Spaghetti

Man what a weak year for female acting

Second that. I think the only films to put someone up for both Best Actress and Best Supporting Actress were Mushishi, Flowers and Cinema Studies.

Also Films, why did you put the Innocent down for Best Use of Action?