a2k

Monday Numbers 05/05/2014

Pacino's performance in Insomnia is almost certainly the best in any Nolan flick to my mind. Swank's performance is probably the best female performance in any nolan flick, which is a little depressing.

LMAO.

Is there any real doubt about the fudging that was done to keep the ASM2 drop below 80%?  Sony executives are scrambled as fuck at the moment.

IMO.

As for Nolan, he can be a bit too methodical and mechanical in his film-making.  That being said, hopefully Interstellar is good.

Maybe one of the worst.

Yeah, personally I didn't buy it.

Everyone knows that Katie Holmes was the best.  :ph34r:

Ellen Page was the John Blake of Inception

You incepted yourself, E.

Posted Image

• Like 6

By Thursday TASM2 will be around 4.5m if not lower, meaning it's going to need some gigantic Friday and Saturday jumps to even get near 40m second weekend. Yep, 60%+ second weekend drop definitely happening.

CA2 had a 6.21m Monday and a 4.58m Thursday. I expect a Thursday of around 4m for TASM2 and a 36.5-38.5m weekend (58-60%).

Edited by a2k
  • Like 2

CA2 had a 6.21m Monday and a 4.58m Thursday. I expect a Thursday of around 4m for TASM2 and a 36.5-38.5m weekend (58-60%).

That sounds reasonable. LOL at these gigantic drops for TASM2.

That sounds reasonable. LOL at these gigantic drops for TASM2.

totally disappointing. hope it recovers somewhat and gets to 225m. yet to see the film..will catch it this week.

totally disappointing. hope it recovers somewhat and gets to 225m. yet to see the film..will catch it this week.

I didn't mean it was having gigantic drops. I meant the predictions of people on these boards. I'm not laughing at Spidey.

I didn't mean it was having gigantic drops. I meant the predictions of people on these boards. I'm not laughing at Spidey.

oh i see. yeah, if CA2 fell 57% one can expect more for this. Unless it has low weekdays and families show up over the weekend.

I know you feel sorry for Spidey  :)

so do I  :(

Edited by a2k
  • Like 1

So...Mon - 5.1MTues - 6.1M (+20%)Weds - 4.5M (-25%)Thurs - 4.2M (-7%)

It's not gonna increase that much on first tuesday, as comparison for summer starter first tuesday

2010 IM2    -10.5%

2011 Thor  +0.1%

2012 TA     - 6.5%

2013 IM3    +0.2%

• Like 1

Well regardless, I don't think TASM2 should drop over 65%. The last comic book movie to do so was MoS. That was because it faced 150M in competition.

I fully expect a drop between 58-64%.

You have to remember, there isn't much competition. Even if Neighbors blows up, TASM2 should not be affected too much. 

Well regardless, I don't think TASM2 should drop over 65%. The last comic book movie to do so was MoS. That was because it faced 150M in competition.

You have to remember, there isn't much competition. Even if Neighbors blows up, TASM2 should not be affected too much. 

Neighbors obviously isn't going to take away the kiddie and family crowd.

What about Mom's Night Out and Legends of Oz??  :P

Is Legends of Oz even getting a wide release? I have yet to see any marketing for this movie.

Is Legends of Oz even getting a wide release? I have yet to see any marketing for this movie.

I think the term for Legends of Oz is "dumped".

Actually, if you know you have a turkey on your hands, it makes sense not to throw away more money in a futile effort to make it a hit.

Oz will be gone before anybody knows it is there.

I think the term for Legends of Oz is "dumped".Actually, if you know you have a turkey on your hands, it makes sense not to throw away more money in a futile effort to make it a hit.Oz will be gone before anybody knows it is there.

Why even bother releasing it in a crowded Summer? Makes no sense to me.

and it had summer weekdays + inflated father's day sunday during ow (0% drop from sat)

so spidey should escape that. also, mos itself was under 65% (64.6%).

Edited by a2k