a2k

Monday Numbers 05/05/2014

I think that TASM2 will play out at the box office like MOS is a given,and a few million up or down will not change that scenario.Huge Opening,but it will drop quickly.SONY will make a decent profit off it when all is said and done, but you don't spend the kind of money both in production and marketing that SONY did to make  just a "decent" profit. You expect a cash cow.

I hope that SONY officials have learned their lesson:Don't make public statements about a film doing huge,specific amounts. Instead use terms like "It will do very well" or"We are expecting it to be a big hit".That gives you weasel room.MS.Adams (SONY boss) will regreat that billion dollar plus prediction for a long time. She will be the butt of every joke in every gathering in Hollywood for some time wiht that one.

Ellen Page in Inception might be the worst major performance in a Nolan film. Mainly the writing's fault though.*

*I know, it's blasphemy. Forgive me lord Nolan.

It's almost 100% the writing.  Her main purpose is to dole out clunky exposition.

You guys are being a bit unfair though. Only half her performance is saying expository dialogue... The other half is her reacting to expository dialogue other characters are saying to her.

• Like 10

What happened to that guy, man? After Avatar AND Inception I thought he'd be everywhere. Like the next Marton Csokas.

He decided to retire on a high note. You don't get much better than the Raimi/Cameron/Nolan trifecta.

• Like 1