#ED

Tuesday Actuals 5/6/14: TASM2 - 6.24M

Im not saying it will, Fake. I'm just saying that when it drops heavily tomorrow then the 65% club will be mentioned more favourably.

Hey some of us, albeit a few, were members of this club before the Monday number ....
  • Like 1

fwiw,

tasm2 has 150k user reviews on RT compared to sm3's 2.2 million, so it's ratings will change, but so far

tasm2 : 74%, 3.8/5

sm3 : 51%, 3.3/5

Metacritic,

tasm2 : 7.5/10, 358 users

sm3 : 6.1/10, 845 users

• Like 1

Should this finish around $225-230?Isn't the drop from ASM>ASM2 eerily similar to Hobbit 1>Hobbit 2?

Stil think about a Thor2 run, so I keep my prediction at 208M DOM

FF films were family fare, SM3 was family fare, GL was family fare, bB&R was family fare

Huh? ASM2 doesn't have bad of word of mouth like those movies. That's the point you're missing here.

Five days to 100m like TASM. SM1 did it in 3, SM2 did it in 4 and SM3 did it in 2.

That report states ASM2 has grossed north of $420 million worldwide already. BOM needs to do some serious updates on their foreign numbers. No where close to that over there.

I think the Tuesday number spoke well of what people must be hearing that stretches far beyond just a discounted ticket. Since we're comparing with Cap, he only enjoyed a 12% bump that first Tuesday. Spider-man tends to be more of a family friendly character, so I think we could see better (or equally as good) numbers than Cap for that second weekend, especially given that some people stayed away opening weekend. WOM has been a tough one to gauge because it's a polarizing movie. But it seems to favor Spider-man on the good more than the bad. So the curiosity factor is still in play for those who didn't see it, while the ones who loved it are going back. I don't expect the Wednesday number to be anything more than a isolated retraction based on elevated business from yesterday. Now if the drop is relatively low, this could mark a new trend worthy of being looked at. But either way, I think the second weekend is still in play. I don't believe the general public has fully weighed in given the 'love it' or 'hate it 'reviews. So a overall consensus is still in play.

This is all I'm saying.

Captain 2 dropped 57% with great WOM. ASM2 has mixed wom at best. 60% is the floor imo.

Cap2's 57% drop is the biggest reason I don't think this can drop better than 60% or so. Spidey does have a much bigger potential audience though, but that gets cancelled out by it's ok to mixed wom, vs Cap2's very good wom. 61.5% drop is my guess.
  • Like 1

Cap2's 57% drop is the biggest reason I don't think this can drop better than 60% or so. Spidey does have a much bigger potential audience though, but that gets cancelled out by it's ok to mixed wom, vs Cap2's very good wom. 61.5% drop is my guess.

So if it drops 60% this weekend where do you see it ending up with Godzilla and then Xmen hot on its heels?

@ED, I never did caught your reaction after you'd seen it. What did you think of the sequel?

We just rented and saw the 1st TASM with the family, and I thought it was just all over the place with lots of cringe worthy moments.

Ed thought the sequel was dreamy and he plans on taking Mrs Ed back to see it again 4-5 more times. He's thinking about ditching his Nolanite status to become a Webbian, too.

Posted Image

I thought the movie was terrible but the Gwen - Peter relationship was awesome and emotional. It would have been a great love story movie but it sucks as a comic book movie. Spider-Man's jokes just aren't funny and Electro was not needed at all.

I would give it a 6/10. 

• Like 3

Huh? ASM2 doesn't have bad of word of mouth like those movies. That's the point you're missing here.

TASM2 WOM isn't good either, it's mixed.

Edited by Goffe Rises
  • Like 2

Looks like TASM2 is playing to the family audience seeing its Monday drop and Tuesday increase so far. Wouldn't rule out a 175% Friday increase followed by a 50% or more Saturday increase.

4.0M Thurs =

11.0M Friday (+175%)

16.5 Sat (+50%)

11.5 Sun (-33%)

39M Weekend (-59%)

4.5M Thurs =

12.3M Friday (+175%)

18.5M Sat (+50%)

12.5M Sun (-30%)

43.4M Weekend (-52%)

The 1st one is most likely to happen.  :P

I saw TASM2 last night, me and my friends all liked it enough. It was far from perfect but based on the posts on here I thought it'd be a lot worse.

The only negative comments I've heard from people in real life are just people

mad that Gwen died.

• Like 3

So if it drops 60% this weekend where do you see it ending up with Godzilla and then Xmen hot on its heels?

Absolute worst case scenario I see is GL type legs which still puts it over 200. There is no way WOM can be that bad. That said 210 max IMO
  • Like 1

I saw TASM2 last night, me and my friends all liked it enough. It was far from perfect but based on the posts on here I thought it'd be a lot worse.

The only negative comments I've heard from people in real life are just people

mad that Gwen died.

Thank you Canada for pushing up that Tuesday increase!

91.635.7 (-61%)17.8 (-50%, I think Godzilla will impact 4% in its drop)9.0 (-49%, big loss of theaters and superhero movie competition will neutralize Memorial Weekend effect)4.2 (-53% post Memorial Weekend usual big drop)2.4 (-42% no competition)1.2 (-48% HTTYD2)Total: 210.8m