Orestes

Marvel's Agent Carter - Season 2 January 19th.

B4gyDC-IcAEa5XJ.jpg

LCqc9RV.jpg

http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/05/08/abc-shield-agent-carter/

“Marvel’s Agent Carter,” starring “Captain America’s” Hayley Atwell follows the story of Peggy Carter. It’s 1946, and peace has dealt Peggy Carter a serious blow as she finds herself marginalized when the men return home from fighting abroad. Working for the covert SSR (Strategic Scientific Reserve),  Peggy must balance doing administrative work and going on secret missions for Howard Stark all while trying to navigate life as a single woman in America, in the wake of losing the love of her life – Steve Rogers. Inspired by the feature films “Captain America: The First Avenger” and “Captain America: The Winter Soldier,” along with the short “Marvel One-Shot: Agent Carter.” “Marvel’s Agent Carter” stars Hayley Atwell as Agent Peggy Carter. Executive producers are Michele Fazekas & Tara Butters, Steve McFeely & Christopher Marcus, and Jeph Loeb.

Hopefully Dominic Cooper comes back as Howard Stark.

Edited by Orestes
  • Like 4

• Community Manager

Gotham on FOX

Arrow on CW (love Arrow!)

The Flash on CW

Agents of SHIELD on ABC

Five Marvel Shows on NETFLIX

Now:

Agent Carter on ABC

That Rumored X-Men Show on FOX

A lot of people think that the superhero genre is in danger of crashing as it releases too many movies on film. I have rejected that theory since 3-4 films a year really isn't that much. The real threat to the overextension of the superhero genre is actually coming from television.

It's like Westerns. They used to be really popular in the big screen and on TV but it got crowded (especially on TV) which has killed the genre to this day (despite all the talks about one day bringing it back). Even if you chose to ignore the DC properties, you have the live-action Marvel Cinematic Universe that now requires like seven different tv shows to get the full experience? Talk about requiring a major commitment from the die-hard fans.

• Like 1

It's like Westerns. They used to be really popular in the big screen and on TV but it got crowded (especially on TV) which has killed the genre to this day (despite all the talks about one day bringing it back). Even if you chose to ignore the DC properties, you have the live-action Marvel Cinematic Universe that now requires like seven different tv shows to get the full experience? Talk about requiring a major commitment from the die-hard fans.

I dont think all five Netflix series are airing next year. As far as I know, the only one that's confirmed is Daredevil. They also won't be ongoing series. They each get the 12 or so episode thing, then they all get together in Defenders. But even if we get two series next year, that's equal to one regular season's worth of a network show.

• Like 2

Gotham on FOX

Arrow on CW (love Arrow!)

The Flash on CW

Agents of SHIELD on ABC

Five Marvel Shows on NETFLIX

Now:

Agent Carter on ABC

That Rumored X-Men Show on FOX

A lot of people think that the superhero genre is in danger of crashing as it releases too many movies on film. I have rejected that theory since 3-4 films a year really isn't that much. The real threat to the overextension of the superhero genre is actually coming from television.

Westerns were  popular for decades they have been making comic book movies since the 1970's and while it has had periods of rise and fall it has remained popular because superheroes are so diver and different from one another that audiences don't feel deja vu. Superman, spiderman, batman, Iron man have completly different feels and themes just because they come from the same medium doesn't make them the same

• Like 2

I don't have much interest in this honestly. 

For me it's a combination of liking Peggy Carter in the first Cap, really enjoying the Agent Carter one shot, and finding Hayley Atwell totally dreamy :wub:.

• Like 3

Westerns were  popular for decades they have been making comic book movies since the 1970's and while it has had periods of rise and fall it has remained popular because superheroes are so diver and different from one another that audiences don't feel deja vu. Superman, spiderman, batman, Iron man have completly different feels and themes just because they come from the same medium doesn't make them the same

Exactly. Although, I would argue that the SH genre really only came to fruition in the 21st century. I think it has at least another 10 to 20 years left, maybe more.

• Like 1

At least it's only 8 episodes. I'm sick to death of these 22-23 episode network shows. It's one of the main reasons why most network shows suck so badly. No TV season should be longer than 16 episodes and most should be in the 8-13 range.

Edited by Magic
  • Like 8

Looks like Cooper will be back as Howard Stark, from the telegraph:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/tvandradio/10875547/Hayley-Atwell-goes-to-war-with-Dominic-Cooper.html

Now, the wacky actress is hoping to continue with the larks when Dominic Cooper joins her on the set of her forthcoming television series, Agent Carter. “He’s incredibly naughty,” she tells me at the Glamour Women of the Year awards with Next in Berkeley Square. “So I’m going to start the pranks as early as I can. He will come up with some very good ones, too.”

• Like 3

@AgentM: Lou D'Esposito is directing the #AgentCarter pilot. The Russo Bros (#WinterSoldier directors) are directing eps 2-3. #MarvelSDCC #MarvelTV@AgentM: Joe Johnston, director of first #CaptainAmerica movie, wants to direct #AgentCarter episode 4. #MarvelTV #MarvelSDCChttp://variety.com/2014/biz/news/agent-carter-captain-america-shield-1201269315/

Edited by WileECoyote
  • Like 1

Fantastic news about the Russos directing 2 episodes and Johnston maybe getting one too!

This show is going to be high quality!

So from the sounds of it, all the episodes will take place in 1946.

If there's a season 2, I hope they go to 1947, and so on. That would be awesome, to see the SSR/Shield/Marvel Universe grow year by year.

• Like 2

http://marvel.com/news/tv/2014/8/29/23178/marvels_agent_carter_casts_2_key_roles

Marvel is proud to announce the signing of two key series regulars, as Chad Michael Murray ("Fruitvale Station," "One Tree Hill") has been cast in the role of SSR Agent Jack Thompson, while Enver Gjokaj ("Dollhouse") will portray Agent Daniel Sousa, both of whom will meet Carter while she takes on a new role at the SSR in New York City.

• Like 4