baumer

SOTM 5: Biggest FUBAR question of all time!

Between Memorial weekend and July 4th holiday releases, I have chosen 10 films that will qualify for this SOTM question.

Blended 

A Million Ways to Die in the West

Edge of Tomorrow

Maleficient

The Fault in Our Stars

22 Jump Street

Think Like a Man Too

Tammy

Deliver Us From Evil

Earth to Echo

You have 8 possible SOTM questions to choose from.

Your choices are:

What will have the best OW (this will include any 5 day openings).

What will have the best total?

What will have the best opening day?

What will have the best midnight/early shows from the day before the official release?

What will have the best legs (multiplier...note, multiplier will count from a three day OW only)?

What will have the smallest opening weekend?

What will have the smallest opening day?

Name any film that will not have at least a 3 multiplier (note, if you choose to answer this one, and you feel that no film will miss a 3X, you can answer "none")?

Get any question right, win 7,000 points

Get any question wrong, lose 15,000 points

You are allowed to go for a maximum of three questions.  

If you answer all three questions correctly, you get a bonus of 3000 points so the maximum you can earn for this question is 24,000 points.

Of course, you can go for all 8 but if you do, you must get at least 7 of the 8 correct.  You have a window of one wrong.  If you get 7 or 8 right, you will obviously get a massive amount of points (49,000-56,000 points).  If you go for all 8 and you do not get at least 7 of the 8 correct, you will lose the same amount of points as the maximum win, yes, 56,000 points.  

If you want to abstain from answering this question, you get 2000 points.

To make it even more interesting, I'm making the deadline Wednesday May 28th at 6:59PM.  This means you will have Blended's numbers already.  

You have a lot of time to work on this one.  There are a lot of points for or against.  Choose wisely.  You don't want to end up like this guy:

Posted Image

Posted Image

I've read over the question 3 times.  I think it's pretty clear but I'm not sure how it will look to you.  If you have any questions, please ask them here.

Good luck!

• Like 1

Time to play risky as I need to get as many points as possible (but will probably lose as many points as possible)What will have the best OW (this will include any 5 day openings). MALEFICENT What will have the best total? THE FAULT IN OUR STARSWhat will have the best opening day? MALEFICENTWhat will have the best midnight/early shows from the day before the official release? 22 JUMP STREETWhat will have the best legs (multiplier...note, multiplier will count from a three day OW only)? THE FAULT IN OUR STARSWhat will have the smallest opening weekend? EARTH TO ECHOWhat will have the smallest opening day? EARTH TO ECHOName any film that will not have at least a 3 multiplier (note, if you choose to answer this one, and you feel that no film will miss a 3X, you can answer "none")? THINK LIKE A MAN TOO

• Like 2

So the 3000 point bonus is only if you go for 3 and get 3 correct, not if you get 8 out of 8.Also if you get 7 correct and 1 incorrect, you will not lose the 15k for that incorrect answer?Is this right?

No, you are over thinking it.  The 3000 bonus is only for 3/3.

If you get 7/8 correct, you get 49,000 points, as stated....no loss of 15,000.

Same answer as Tele.Yes I edited after deadline but I've had no time to work on game. Closing thread now.

Edited by baumer
  • Like 2

I want to go for all 8, but I am afraid of that point loss...

I'm going to try it anyways

What will have the best OW (this will include any 5 day openings). The Fault in Our Stars

What will have the best total? The Fault in Our Stars

What will have the best opening day? The Fault in Our Stars

What will have the best midnight/early shows from the day before the official release? The Fault in Our Stars

What will have the best legs (multiplier...note, multiplier will count from a three day OW only)? Tammy

What will have the smallest opening weekend? Earth to Echo (3 Day)

What will have the smallest opening day? Earth to Echo

Name any film that will not have at least a 3 multiplier (note, if you choose to answer this one, and you feel that no film will miss a 3X, you can answer "none")? Deliver Us From Evil

I may choose to only go for three later, but I am fairly confident in these answers.

Edited by The Panda
  • Like 2

What will have the best OW (this will include any 5 day openings). Maleficent

What will have the best total? Transformers Age Of Extinction

What will have the best opening day? 22 Jump Street

What will have the best midnight/early shows from the day before the official release? Transformers Age Of Extinction

What will have the best legs (multiplier...note, multiplier will count from a three day OW only)? The Fault In Our Stars

What will have the smallest opening weekend? Jupiter Ascending

What will have the smallest opening day? Get On Up

Name any film that will not have at least a 3 multiplier (note, if you choose to answer this one, and you feel that no film will miss a 3X, you can answer "none")? Hercules

Trust me, I'm from the future.

Buddy, half of these movies are not on my list.  You can only choose from the movies I listed.

• Like 3

Huh. Going to have to think on this. But this will get me started.

What will have the best OW (this will include any 5 day openings).

What will have the best total?

What will have the best opening day?

What will have the best midnight/early shows from the day before the official release?

What will have the best legs (multiplier...note, multiplier will count from a three day OW only)?

What will have the smallest opening weekend? Earth to Echo

What will have the smallest opening day? Earth to Echo

Name any film that will not have at least a 3 multiplier (note, if you choose to answer this one, and you feel that no film will miss a 3X, you can answer "none")?

What will have the smallest opening weekend?Earth to EchoWhat will have the smallest opening day?Earth to EchoName any film that will not have at least a 3 multiplier (note, if you choose to answer this one, and you feel that no film will miss a 3X, you can answer "none")?Deliver Us From Evil

What will have the best total? The Fault in Our Stars

What will have the smallest opening day? Earth to Echo

Name any film that will not have at least a 3 multiplier (note, if you choose to answer this one, and you feel that no film will miss a 3X, you can answer "none")? Think Like a Man Too

Edited by Dipper