Olive

Tuesday numbers: Godzilla 7m,Neighbors 2.6m,TASM2 1.4m(Rth)

LOL you're being way too conservative. I can't see it missing $230M. The movie has better weekdays than TASM 2 and will likely have better weekend drops. 215-220M means that'll it have ASM 2 dreadful legs, I don't see this happening. WOM seems better too.

At this pace ASM2 will be lucky to get to $210m so $220m would be better legs for Godzilla, though $230m looks more likely.

Late May higher weekdays are starting to kick in but that also means lower on avg Thur-Fri increases which we started to see dip a bit last week.

Edited by TalismanRing

And that would still represent a 6% drop from X3 not even factoring in 3D.

Posted Image

Indeed, if this one wants to be the biggest of the franchise its gonna have to leg its way, not likely but I'm keepin hope alive.

Indeed, if this one wants to be the biggest of the franchise its gonna have to leg its way, not likely but I'm keepin hope alive.

20-25% drop in attendance from X3 would still be well over the highest tracking numbers. People comparing this to XFC or even worse, The Wolverine are completely off track, IMO.

I hate making the same points over and over, but there has been no X-film in 3D yet. And also for an example of a reunion film that recovered 85% of its audience overall and still outdid the franchise's biggest OW(even in attendance) ...

Posted Image

And, really XDOFP has more in common with Fast 5 which combined casts from different films in the franchise. F5 went even higher...

Edited by Accursed Arachnid!™

20-25% drop in attendance from X3 would still be well over the highest tracking numbers. People comparing this to XFC or even worse, The Wolverine are completely off track, IMO.

I hate making the same points over and over, but there has been no X-film in 3D yet. And also for an example of a reunion film that recovered 85% of its audience overall and still outdid the franchise's biggest OW(even in attendance) ...

Posted Image

And, really XDOFP has more in common with Fast 5 which combined casts from different films in the franchise. F5 went even higher...

The difference is that Vin Desiel unlike Jackman hadn't been starring in two films about his character in the meantime and popping up in a sequel in between. The lead cast for this film is basically the FC leads + Hugh Jackman.  That's obvious even with the marketing.  The rest of the returning cast from the early X-Men films seem to be cameos or small supporting roles - even McKellen reportedly doesn't have much screen time.

Edited by TalismanRing