Olive

Tuesday numbers: Godzilla 7m,Neighbors 2.6m,TASM2 1.4m(Rth)

Cinemark is like the cheapest big theater chain there is, lol. I don't know why but I got charged 5.50 for a 8/9PM shows on weekends all the time.

imo, cinemark is better than Regal. Most of the cinemarks i have visited had very good seats. their Xd is poor man's imax at a reasonable rate.

So a $1.4m number for TASM2 is almost staying flat. That's about the best good news for this film I've noticed since it opened.

Puts it just over $175m domestic now. 

Best/Worst case scenario for it over Memorial Day weekend? 

Best=$9m

Worst=$6m

It increased 20% on its first Tuesday and 28% on its second.  Staying flat would not be good or the best news since its opened.

1.4 would really make no sense at this point so I don't know about that number, even coming from Rth.

Hm...I think some of the Cinemarks are getting pretty old. Some of the newer ones are very nice though. One opened up by my house that I really like. But a lot of em' in Houston are lesser than Regal, IMO.

• Like 1

imo, cinemark is better than Regal. Most of the cinemarks i have visited had very good seats. their Xd is poor man's imax at a reasonable rate.

I like both, but I frequent Cinemark more cause it's nearer and cheaper.AMC though, those fuckers charge high prices for everything.
  • Like 2

It increased 20% on its first Tuesday and 28% on its second.  Staying flat would not be good or the best news since its opened.

1.4 would really make no sense at this point so I don't know about that number, even coming from Rth.

I don't recall those being heralded as impressive. They were more in line with typical increases for a family movie on Discount Tuesday. 

I like both, but I frequent Cinemark more cause it's nearer and cheaper.AMC though, those fuckers charge high prices for everything.

Tell me about it.

21.50 for IMAX 3D

19.50 for Dolby Atmos 3D

Edited by #ED

I don't recall those being heralded as impressive. They were more in line with typical increases for a family movie on Discount Tuesday. 

Then how would staying flat or slightly dropping on a Tuesday be considered one?

Tell me about it. 21.50 for IMAX 3D19.50 for Dolby Atmos 3D

Yeah, I feel ya. The prices here are not that high, cause you know, Texas. But still, there are no reasons for them to charge a lot more than other big theater chains (their qualities are about the same to me)
  • Like 1

What about Carmike? Do yall have those? There's a Carmike 8 about 6 minutes from campus and even though it's old as the pyramids, theyve updated the technology inside. Tickets before 6 are $4.50...I shit you not, $4.50. Then after 6 for adults? $6.50.It's my prime theater now, and it's so much easier on my wallet, especially since I usually have to pay for my GF. It's easier for us to be able to do dinner or something now after. When I went to Regal to see Spiderman, the tickets were $9.97 (they charged tax?). Yeah the Regal is new and has reclining seats, but I dont go to movies for all the extra stuff, I just want good projection, and good sound. Carmike offers that. It's not a flashy theater but it gets the job done.. That may not even be the cheapest mainstream theater in the state. And it's easier to get to compared to Regal which lies off an extremely busy road. I feels for you guys that have those inflated prices. I'm back for summer and my student ticket at my 14 screen megaplex is still only $8. I'm just lucky to live in such a cheap ass place.

Edited by Jandrew

Hm...I think some of the Cinemarks are getting pretty old. Some of the newer ones are very nice though. One opened up by my house that I really like. But a lot of em' in Houston are lesser than Regal, IMO.

I remember when a 10 screen theater with rock back seats was cutting edge. That's how far I go back. :P

• Like 1

Yeah, my mind is already on Wed., my bad. It should increase then being Tuesday. Mix up on my part. 

Haha. honestly after you started saying that I had to triple check that today's numbers were for Tuesday.