Olive

Tuesday numbers: Godzilla 7m,Neighbors 2.6m,TASM2 1.4m(Rth)

Neighbors isn't holding up as well as first hoped either.  Wasn't there talk the first w/e that it might reach $200m or even pass ASM2? 

Posted Image

"And that's why we don't throw crazy numbers around after one weekend."

• Like 6

Neighbors is holding out fine, it's 90% locked to cross $150M. That's insanely good for a film with an 18M budget.

It's great for the budget (though I'm sure there are back end % salary payout that greatly increase that budget) but it's not the breakout comedy hit some had hoped for when it opened to eye popping #s.

Since Tuesday decreased, I don't think Wednesday drop is going to be that big. 25-27%. So 5M+ Wednesday and another 5M Thursday. So 170M+ DOM after Memorial Wknd.

yeah both potc4 and stid fell just 21-22% on wed. though they had bigger tue drops.

$5m Thur would match SID and mean about a $10m Fri. Thur-Fri jumps are deflating as weekdays inflate.SID made: 37m Fri-Sun and $47m Fri-Mon. If Godzilla follows that it would mean a $164m after Memorial Day.

I think Godzilla will have a bigger Friday jump. Cap 2 and ASM 2 jumped 130%+. Edited by Godzilla

I think Godzilla will have a bigger Friday jump. Cap 2 and ASM 2 jumped 130%+.

Thur-Fri jumps decrease just as weekdays increase as May moves along and schools let out.  We saw this happening last weekend and it will accelerate this w/e.

Right now it's dailies are pretty close to SID ($7.9/ $6.76/ $5.3/ $5) and that opened $10m less - also on the w/e before Memorial Day w/e.

Edited by TalismanRing

So if Tuesday supposedly decreased, why hasn't the title of the thread been changed to reflect this??? I'll take Rth number over what was just posted.. :rolleyes:

LOL BKB you are funny.

Thur-Fri jumps decrease just as weekdays increase as May moves along and schools let out. We saw this happening last weekend and it will accelerate this w/e.

POTC: On Stranger Tides increased 140% about the same time, so Godzilla could easily come close to that. If it follows On Stranger Tide Memorial wknd on a 5M thursday, it'll do $55M during the Memorial Wknd. So it would be about $175M by monday, which is possible. I'm going to go safe and predict $50-52M, so $170M in Monday.

Colleges are letting out before most of K-12 and POTC's demographic is more family/kids than Star Trek. So it depends on which way Godzilla trends. Anyone know it's demo breakdown opening w/e?

58% male. 60% above the age of 25.Percentage wise more women saw Godzilla than Cap 2 and most definently Star Trek: Into Darkness.

58% male.60% above the age of 25.Percentage wise more women saw Godzilla than Cap 2 and most definently Star Trek: Into Darkness.

I wish they followed up after Opening Weekend. I'm pretty sure most of the repeat viewing of Cap 2 are fueled by females, lol.

• Like 1