#ED

Sun#s pg 230...Wknd Est: DOFP: 91M, Godzilla - 31.4M, Blended - 14.2M , NB - 13.9M [NO SPOILERS]

I don't mind saying that GODZILLA's number is both baffling and depressing mainly because the movie just doesn't deserve a drop that big.. It just doesn't and it blows me away..

Sorry BKB. Maybe it will rebound tomorrow.

Edited by ECSTASY
  • Like 2

TWS was a terrific film, I'll give you that.

Man at some points in the movie , audiences cheers surpasses that of Avatar and Avengers... The

winter soldier definitely deserved 1.2billion more  than IM3 bigtime... I cant wait to see what Captain 3 Puts up domestically

and ww.. Disney is smart  and made sure the 2 director team of WS is locked in.. These guys work in  WS

is just friggin outstanding!!

• Like 2

I don't mind saying that GODZILLA's number is both baffling and depressing mainly because the movie just doesn't deserve a drop that big.. It just doesn't and it blows me away..

It's not about what deserves what, it's just the way things are. That's summer time for you. There's new competition every weekend, most of which are all after the same demo. There's no reason to be upset, it already exceeded most fans wildest dreams with that opening. Some franchises are just REALLY front loaded, and this might be one of them. Edited by rallax
  • Like 5

Man at some points in the movie , audiences cheers surpasses that of Avatar and Avengers... The

winter soldier definitely deserved 1.2billion more  than IM3 bigtime... I cant wait to see what Captain 3 Puts up domestically

and ww.. Disney is smart  and made sure the 2 director team of WS is locked in.. These guys work in  WS

is just friggin outstanding!!

Cap 3 will give Superman Vs. Batman a run for its money.

Still don't know what it made but looking at these numbers it still could have a 2M 3-day and 2.6M 4-day.  So a sub-50 drop from last weekend is still possible.  

I guess we may have to wait until tomorrow for CATWS number

I'm so upset Cap 2 is out of the top 10. :( I knew it was coming but it's hitting me hard, lol.

Rem those numbers could be off BKB...  Do not despair yet.. Especially with Godzilla kiling OS and should

still do 230+M and maybe quite a bit more than that :)..Xmen has a might wallop though...OW!!

It's not about what deserves what, it's just the way things are. That's summer time for you. There's new competition every weekend, most of which are all after the same demo. There's no reason to be upset, it already exceeded most fans wildest dreams with that opening. Some franchises are just REALLY front loaded, and this might be one of them.

It's Twi-Zilla. Are you Team Edward or Team Edwards?

• Like 1

Cap 3 will give Superman Vs. Batman a run for its money.

Oh shit I hope Cap  moves. If Superman and Batman is A+ movie  no one wants to run against it.

Supes and batman and WW span like 8 generations of potential turn out.. It could be the new Comic king easily.

Kevin Smith  is already predictin 2billion worldwide if the film is kickass. Damn!!

It's not about what deserves what, it's just the way things are. That's summer time for you. There's new competition every weekend, most of which are all after the same demo. There's no reason to be upset, it already exceeded most fans wildest dreams with that opening. Some franchises are just REALLY front loaded, and this might be one of them.

Amen Rallax  the man!!  And if the OS and final domestic tally is any indication Godzilla will do just fine. :)

Don't be. It's had an awesome run, especially internationally.

Oh I'm cool really. It was just a shocker looking at the list and it wasn't there after seeing it there for the last 2 months. Really couldn't ask for more. The first only made 370m, :lol:

• Like 1

I'm so upset Cap 2 is out of the top 10. :( I knew it was coming but it's hitting me hard, lol.

Heh like this?

Posted Image

Who knows.  Maybe with estimates it'll leapfrog Rio 2 :P

But yeah, it was bound to happen.  I'm still wanting those numbers though because it may have held strong despite DOFP. Just not enough to keep it in the top 10.

• Like 2

Oh I'm cool really. It was just a shocker looking at the list and it wasn't there after seeing it there for the last 2 months. Really couldn't ask for more. The first only made 370m, :lol:

Yeah, TWS nearly doubled CAP1's WW numbers. That's huge. Sequels usually only increase 50% or even drop from the original. ;)

• Like 1

X-MEN doing this well pretty well means The AVENGERS will be even more of a force to reckon with next May..

Not to mention May is anemic next summer overall compared to this year and most May's. Age of Ultron virtually has the summer to itself as far as huge blockbusters go until Jurassic World opens a month and a half later.

Oh shit I hope Cap  moves. If Superman and Batman is A+ movie  no one wants to run against it.

Supes and batman and WW span like 8 generations of potential turn out.. It could be the new Comic king easily.

Kevin Smith  is already predictin 2billion worldwide if the film is kickass. Damn!!

Honestly I hope either moves, because regardless of which film makes more its still a stupid move on both studios part.

• Like 1

Not to mention May is anemic next summer overall compared to this year and most May's. Age of Ultron virtually has the summer to itself as far as huge blockbusters go until Jurassic World opens a month and a half later.

And I have a feeling JW's going to alienate the GA. Even if it's done well its plot is going to be too out there for the GA.