#ED

Sun#s pg 230...Wknd Est: DOFP: 91M, Godzilla - 31.4M, Blended - 14.2M , NB - 13.9M [NO SPOILERS]

That's right in line with STID's Friday increase last year. Slightly better, actually.

though stid made 83m 4-day (thu to sun) and had a 9.9m 2nd friday. gz is looking at 9.5 after a 93m 3-day. so stid was pretty great.

DOFP didn't take a single screen away from Godzilla. That's a bad drop.

DOFP appeals to the same audience so it definitely hurt Godzilla

however, considering this is Memorial Day weekend the marketplace has expanded so Godzilla really should have held better. 

• Like 1

DOFP appeals to the same audience so it definitely hurt Godzilla

however, considering this is Memorial Day weekend the marketplace has expanded so Godzilla really should have held better. 

Pretty much. Still a tad worse than I expected though.

Hopefully RTH will save the day

• Like 1

I'll wait until final Rth numbers, but the number seems to be in line with what I thought it would do.

RTH had it at 10 for an early estimate. I wouldn't be surprised if the west coast doesn't come through like last time. And based on the Thursday number, it wasn't looking that good.

Godzilla has had strong weekdays. mon-thu was 24m compared to TASM2's 19m.

So even if it has a TASM2 like weekend/weekend drop, it brought in 5m more during the weekdays.

And the Mem day monday will be big too.

• Like 5

RTH had it at 10 for an early estimate. I wouldn't be surprised if the west coast doesn't come through like last time. And based on the Thursday number, it wasn't looking that good.

But most expected 4.5 after the Wednesday number though.

It's pretty much following people's expectation. Just meh numbers really. Mixed WOM for sure now

• Like 3