#ED

Sun#s pg 230...Wknd Est: DOFP: 91M, Godzilla - 31.4M, Blended - 14.2M , NB - 13.9M [NO SPOILERS]

So you did a DF? Good to see you enjoyed both movies even though CATWS was a given :PSo do you think this will do well with non X-Men fans?

:lol:

I'm not sure how it will hold up with the casual viewer.

Has anyone noticed that even though she isn't the star, we have a movie with Jennifer Lawrence in it and there has been no Futurist

Futurist is in the theaters starting Thu 10pm to Tue 12:00am watching DoFP in a loop.

Has anyone noticed that even though she isn't the star, we have a movie with Jennifer Lawrence in it and there has been no Futurist

He disappeared a bit ago. Been wondering what happened. He was conspicuously absent from the X-Men thread

Sony is not going to sell Spidey back to Marvel. Please, move on from that fantasy.

That's futile Tele. Even as a junior admin, ya can't do nothing about that. I personally hope the rights don't revert back. That's just more fun.
  • Like 2

Sony is not going to sell Spidey back to Marvel. Please, move on from that fantasy.

Where there's a will, there's a way. If TASM3 grosses 150M or less domestically, there is NO WAY Sony can continue on with this current Spider-man series of films. They would then have to either reboot again or sell off the rights. If Sony Pictures comes under enough financial hardship then yes, they will definitely consider selling the rights. Especially if the Disney/Marvel juggernaut exerts enough pressure, which they very likely will.

Edited by ACCA

Where there's a will, there's a way. If TASM3 grosses 150M or less domestically, there is NO WAY Sony can continue on with this current Spider-man series of films. They would then have to either reboot again or sell off the rights. If Sony Pictures comes under enough financial hardship then yes, they will definitely consider selling the rights. Especially if the Disney/Marvel juggernaut exerts enough pressure, which they very likely will.

If it comes to that, they'll just reboot again. No single series is enough of an albatross to sink a studio, which is basically the situation you're trying to set up. Even assuming the franchise continues to tank, Sony knows full well that Spider-Man is a popular character overall (witness the performance of the earlier movies) and that reboots can wildly rejuvenate franchises, if done correctly (Batman, Star Trek). The latent potential in Spider-Man is worth keeping around even if the next one completely tanks.And let's be clear, we're still talking about a movie that's going to hit 700m WW.
  • Like 2

Of the characters that don't belong to Marvel, the only I could see going back would be FF

I could see Spider-Man going back one day, just because Sony doesn't have the merchandising rights. If they could ever get a few profitable franchises going, those could be worth more to them than Spider-Man because those other franchises may have merchandising rights.

I don't have much faith in the rights reverting. However, I never thought Disney would get the film rights to Indiana Jones from Paramount. Paramount didn't have to give those up, but Disney made them an offer that they couldn't refuse.

I doubt Disney would make the same offer to Sony, but I now believe that the rights going back to Disney are possible. Disney has magical powers.