kayumanggi

BIG HERO 6 | 435.3 M overseas | 657.8 M worldwide

In Mexico Frozen grossed $25.7m, Wreck-it Ralph $14.2m and Tangled $14.1m.

I see BH6 beating Ralph and Tangled quite easily given its comic book background (these movies are very successful there) and a bigger Mexican market.

Can it pass $20m? That would be nice and I want to believe it :)

• Like 1

Disney Passes $4B Global Box Office Led By Marvel Heroes, Fairy Tale Femmes

The Walt Disney Studios on Friday reached a new milestone, passing $4 billion at the global box office for the second time in its history. The first time was just last year, but that was on November 26, meaning Disney bested its speed to $4B by 12 days this year. The new tally of roughly $4.05B joins the studio’s other 2014 records, including $2B internationally on Aug. 4, and $3B globally on Aug. 5, faster than any previous year.

http://deadline.com/2014/11/disney-4-billion-record-box-office-2014-marvel-1201285967/

And next year will be even bigger with Avengers 2, Cinderella, a bit of BH6 and 2 Pixar movies!

Overseas, the animated 3D tentpole earned $11.9 million for the weekend from 23 markets, including a stellar $4.8 million launch in Mexico. In the Philippines, Big Hero 6 is already the highest Disney Animation or Pixar release behind Toy Story 3 with an early cume of $3.1 million. And in Vietnam, it's the highest ever.

• Like 5

Overseas, the animated 3D tentpole earned $11.9 million for the weekend from 23 markets, including a stellar $4.8 million launch in Mexico. In the Philippines, Big Hero 6 is already the highest Disney Animation or Pixar release behind Toy Story 3 with an early cume of $3.1 million. And in Vietnam, it's the highest ever.

I waited these number for the entire week, at last we have them :D

The Mexican number is a great start :)

The performance in Philippines and Vietnam is great, it's very promising for its performance in Japan, Korea and China.

• Like 2

Lol not surprising for BH6 in the philippines. The movie and Baymax has been everywhere since its release. Lots of people are talking about it. I'd say it's looking to be the second biggest animated movie in the country just behind DM2.

Good to know, I'm increasingly optimistic about its performance in Japan and to a lesser extent in Korea and China :)

Nice number, but I expected for it to get much more here. Big animated movies usually go over 30.

Not Disney or Pixar movies, the only exception is Frozen, and BH6 is the second biggest Disney animated movie there.

If the exchange rate was not so crappy BH6 would be beyond $25m right now.

Believe me that's a great number ;)

• Like 2

Not Disney or Pixar movies, the only exception is Frozen,

That is true, and it is the same reason I have my doubts about South Korea (to a more extreme degree, although Big Hero 6 is different with its Asian theme, so hope springs eternal). Sometimes certain markets seem, whether by preference, brand recognition, or sheer coincidence, to favor certain studios/distributors and/or disfavor certain ones (e.g. DreamWorks doesn't even release many of their animated features in Japan anymore because it isn't worth the effort).

and BH6 is the second biggest Disney animated movie there.

For a WDAS movie, Big Hero 6 is doing fantastic in Russia. :D

If the exchange rate was not so crappy BH6 would be beyond $25m right now.

Believe me that's a great number ;)

I'm just glad that foreign movies aren't getting worked over like McDonald's is over there. This has been brought up as a possibility by some officials, but so far Putin has decided to leave foreign movies alone.

That is true, and it is the same reason I have my doubts about South Korea (to a more extreme degree, although Big Hero 6 is different with its Asian theme, so hope springs eternal). Sometimes certain markets seem, whether by preference, brand recognition, or sheer coincidence, to favor certain studios/distributors and/or disfavor certain ones (e.g. DreamWorks doesn't even release many of their animated features in Japan anymore because it isn't worth the effort).

For a WDAS movie, Big Hero 6 is doing fantastic in Russia. :D

I'm just glad that foreign movies aren't getting worked over like McDonald's is over there. This has been brought up as a possibility by some officials, but so far Putin has decided to leave foreign movies alone.

For now, that's what I fear....But deprieving its people from Hollywood movies they love wouldn't make him popular, particularly among the young population so that's probably the reason for that.

i showed the 90 second trailer to 5 different classes so fast this week (Koreans aged 10 to 14) and it's no exception to say every last student thought the thing was absolutely awesome and wanted to see it.

from this small sample if Disney markets well hil big hero could take korea by storm

• Like 3

i showed the 90 second trailer to 5 different classes so fast this week (Koreans aged 10 to 14) and it's no exception to say every last student thought the thing was absolutely awesome and wanted to see it.

from this small sample if Disney markets well hil big hero could take korea by storm

It's wonderful to hear, I hope it will skyrocket there :wub::lol: