Impact

Top 10 of 2015 predictions

OK, I can't speak for the US since I don't live there. But comparing SW to HP or Titanic OS is just silly. Maybe the OT adjust over it but the prequels clearly showed that there is no comparison between the two OS. OS it just lost momentum. POA, released in 2004 and the lowest grossing Potter OS made what TPM  made after it's 3D re-release in 2012. All Potter movies except POA made over 600M OS without 3D and big grosses from China. The last one made 960M. You can't possibly expect SW7 to come close to that.

TPM is over a billion. 

That's not true at all. There have been several "true four quadrant" movies at the box office. Titanic is merely the biggest in its initial run, but not the only.

Well give me your list of movies that were seen in droves by 7 yo and 77 yo equally and every age in between ...
  • Like 2

I'm thinking Disney might go and change that. But I can't believe some people are really questioning if Star Wars is as big as Harry Potter or Titanic like it wasn't a phenomenon.Star Wars was the phenomenon to end all phenomenons, Titanic's run was phenomenal, but even Titanic has nothing on Star Wars.

Please, there is a world outside of´the us.Star wars sold 6m tickets in france in 1977.20 years later, Titanic sold almost 21m tickets.Like I said alot of times, the first´star wars was a freak movie at the bo only in the us but os, it was far from the us phenomenon.
  • Like 3

Please, there is a world outside of´the us.Star wars sold 6m tickets in france in 1977.20 years later, Titanic sold almost 21m tickets.Like I said alot of times, the first´star wars was a freak movie at the bo only in the us but os, it was far from the us phenomenon.

That doesn't mean that SW has 0 presence overseas though.

That means it got less presence than Titanic OS. So if you want SW7 to beat Titanic and Avatar so bad like you claim it can, it needs to be bigger overseas than ever.

Edited by dashrendar44

Of course not. Making 300-500 OS in 2001-2005 is nothing to laugh at. It's very big. But meanwhile other franchises passed it OS and that's because the brand was poorly marketed ouside of the US. No one says it's not big, but people expecting it to easily match Potter, Avengers or even TF OS will be disappointed. I expect it to land somewhere between 750 and 800M OS which would be really big!

• Like 2

That means it got less presence than Titanic OS. So if you want SW7 to beat Titanic and Avatar so bad like you claim it can, it needs to be bigger overseas than ever.

The big problem of this discussion is how you account for the bo : tickets sold and dollars tell a very different story, Titanic released today with all the new developped markets and 3d, adjusted and you have probably a 4 or 5 B dollar grosser. Episode VII wil be very far from that however big it is.
  • Like 2