Dementeleus

Thurs #s 5/29: DOFP 4.9, Godz 1.8, Neigh 1.2 (Rth), Blend 1, AMWTD .9 (spatula) | Happy birthday eXtacy (but not ECSTACY)

If it follows the same pace less.  DOFP had a bigger opening Memorial Day w/e and ended Thur with $135.8m.  If this # holds DOFP will be at $129.4m going into the w/e. 

We will know for sure post this weekend. If DOFP outpaces Fast 6, then 240+ would be the aim, anything on par with Fast 6 will mean a 230-240M finish.

Godzilla will be hit due to theater loss this weekend in terms of IMAX screens as well. Maleficent has a 1 week IMAX run before Tom Cruise takes over next week.

Thanks grim

Fast 6 did 238m. X-Men needs better drops over the coming weekends to best it.

Thanks picores

If it follows the same pace less.  DOFP had a bigger opening Memorial Day w/e and ended Thur with $135.8m.  If this # holds DOFP will be at $129.4m going into the w/e. 

Did you mean Fast 6?

• Like 1

F&F6 had a lead of 6M at this point, so something in the 225-230 range is definitely still possible.

F6 had 2.92x multiplier from its 2nd weekend, which is rather low. DOFP with better WOM should be able to do better. A 3.1x multiplier seems reasonable which will compensate for the lead F6 now has.So I am thinking 235-240m finish.
  • Like 1

Maleficent must have had solid previews for the harsh drops.I am guessing 3.5-4m.

That's what I'm thinking. Got to be. Everything fell hard. I know Godzilla lost its evening Imax.

• Like 1

Thanks grim

Thanks picores

Did you mean Fast 6?

Yeah I mean F&F 6 had a bigger opening w/e than DOFP.  Too many anagrams....

Also, Last Stand was at $141m going into the w/e and it's Friday was $5.375m - but it had just a 92% Friday raise and did $34m

• Like 2

Methinks the week is correcting itself. I expected X-Men to end up around here when I saw the Monday number. But... it's still pretty shitty. A hair better than X-Men: First Class' first Thursday adjusted. 

• Like 1

Gareth Edwards needs to really correct what went wrong with GODZILLA for the sequel and not make the same mistake twice.. More GODZILLA, More Monsters fighting with no cutoff to the TV's, Cast Nicholas Cage, do away with ATJ and Olsen since there's no point in them coming back..

Posted Image

AJT and E O are going to be  more popular thanks to THE AVENGERS AOU , bring them back is actually a good Idea.

• Like 2

Methinks the week is correcting itself. I expected X-Men to end up around here when I saw the Monday number. But... it's still pretty shitty. A hair better than X-Men: First Class' first Thursday adjusted. 

Well FC opened in June so it had summer weekdays to fall back on. But on the other hand it wasn't in 3D. So I guess that's a wash then.

• Like 1

Maleficent pacing way ahead of Oz per RTH. That did 2m previews.

Rth, on 30 May 2014 - 4:18 PM, said:Posted Image

Atm all I'm going to say is in a big way and Male will be over Oz

The reference to big way actually related to Milion ways vs Male but yes it will probably be way over Oz Thu

• Like 6

so Godzilla is basicaly dead now. The good news is that it could be a hit in japan . Still has 160M and his PB is locked :D . Xmen will fall at the same speed as godzilla.

Neither is dead. Cap 2 is left for dead with only 500 or so theaters.

• Like 1