Olive

Weekend #'s FIOS: 48.2, EOT: 29.1

Or last Summer...IM3FF6MoS

But last Summer there was MASSIVE competition coming every week from every corner. This year it is different in that, IMO.

But last Summer there was MASSIVE competition coming every week from every corner. This year it is different in that, IMO.

Somewhat... I think May kind of imploded on itself. 

I strongly ask myself how many years they will exist now. Things are far worst than ever before. Nothing makes money. Theaters are empty every day. I just can't see Portugal having movie theaters in a mainstream way for many more years. 

in my town tonigth (center of Portugal) the 5 shows 1 3D were sold out. Maleficent will not flop in Portugal, LIAR

Do you guys have a big chain (e.g. regal, amc, etc) or bunch of independent theaters?

One big chain (NOS, with 28 theaters, and they occupy all the big cities), one that closed doors last year (they had 18 theaters, in the meantime they re-opened 6 to be able to pay the giant debts), a Brazilian group that occupied 10 theaters (I am sure that as soon as the contract expires they will go away very fast), and five smaller ones (Cinema City, UCI, VivaCine, Algarcine, SBC (these last 2 only exist in the South part of the country)) that are holding just fine, but they are all small and won't expand anytime soon. 

in my town tonigth (center of Portugal) the 5 shows 1 3D were sold out. Maleficent will not flop in Portugal, LIAR

Of course not, you will see the numbers Monday... what theater is that btw?

Edited by CJohn

So they can see Tom Cruise being a badass

Posted Image

Nobody cared. An epic flop. Only 22000 tickets sold on their first 5 days. Oblivion sold 37000 on his first 4 days...

How is the DOFP vs TASM2 going? Will you force the forum to kick you out?

I can't believe DOFP is decreasing from The Wolverine. And it will end below TASM2, I 99% sure. The death of superhero movies this year over here has been hysterical. They make Thor 2 look like a mega-blockbuster. 

• Like 1

F. Aveiro,

In a screen with 138 seats, it is not hard to sold out. I did not check that theater tonight, tho. But that is shocking considering in much bigger theaters it barely surpassed that number in tickets sold. Aveiro is below Coimbra and none of Coimbra's theaters sold that much tickets. 

Edited by CJohn

20-22M would be pretty bad for Fault if true. But I trust Rth over Variety. 

regardless if the number is 20 or 22 or 25 or 27 how is that possibly a bad number for the movie? That number is actually huge. It puts it on pace for a 50 to 60 million dollar weekend. This is a book that not many of us have heard of before a few posters not even a lot just a few posters here: started hyping up the book. 2 months ago you never would have thought this movie would open that high. So regardless what the Friday number is, its huge.
  • Like 3

In a screen with 138 seats, it is not hard to sold out. I did not check that theater tonight, tho. But that is shocking considering in much bigger theaters it barely surpassed that number in tickets sold.

give me a break. even the tourist made 2,6 m. Children will save this. Jolie is a big draw here.

regardless if the number is 20 or 22 or 25 or 27 how is that possibly a bad number for the movie? That number is actually huge. It puts it on pace for a 50 to 60 million dollar weekend. This is a book that not many of us have heard of before a few posters not even a lot just a few posters here: started hyping up the book. 2 months ago you never would have thought this movie would open that high. So regardless what the Friday number is, its huge.

Bad in a sense that 8.2M of those 20M would be from previews.

Nothing can be truly bad because this movie has a 12M budget. This is a printing money machine for FOX.

I can't believe DOFP is decreasing from The Wolverine. And it will end below TASM2, I 99% sure. The death of superhero movies this year over here has been hysterical. They make Thor 2 look like a mega-blockbuster. 

Sounds like DOFP is not doing good there at all.  :mellow: