CJohn

Monday Numbers (Spatula): The Fault In Our Stars - 5.15M | Maleficent - 4M | Edge of Tomorrow - 3.1M | X-Men - 1.8M

Don't worry guys! LEGO movie is coming out on video next week, which will FINALLY kill off its theater run once and for all! :ph34r:

You are so funny! A lot of people are happy Cap isn't winning though. :lol:

Looking at how much money the 4 90m+ openers will have made after their 2nd weekends:

Godzilla 148m + ~50m

ASM2 146m + ~55m

DoFP 162m + 55-60m

CA2 159m + ~100m

Edited by a2k

Looking at how much money the 4 90m+ openers will have made after their 2nd weekends:

Godzilla 148m + ~50m

ASM2 146m + ~55m

DoFP 162m + 53-58m

CA2 159m + ~100m

I think DOFP can go higher. :)

I think DOFP can go higher. :)

i went with 215-220m, but yeah it can go a little higher.

x3 had a 16m weekend and added 32m more.

ff6 had a 19.6m weekend and added 36m more.

dofp had a 15.1m weekend. if it adds 30-35m, it will get 219.5-225.5m (dofp weekdays have been stronger compared to x3 so it can get 32m)

http://boxofficemojo.com/showdowns/chart/?view=weekend&id=memorialdayshow.htm

Edited by a2k
  • Like 1

Godzilla 148m + ~50m

ASM2 146m + ~55m

DoFP 162m + 53-58m

CA2 159m + ~100m

That's a function of both Cap's quality, and possibly what turned out to be a superior release date too. Go figure.

• Like 1

That's a function of both Cap's quality, and possibly what turned out to be a superior release date too. Go figure.

Legs have been atrocious this summer. Even Cap will end with a 2.68-2.7 multiplier from OW despite good WOM and a wide open April after Rio 2. Audiences just don't seem to be coming on a repeat basis for most movies.

Legs have been atrocious this summer. Even Cap will end with a 2.68-2.7 multiplier from OW despite good WOM and a wide open April after Rio 2. Audiences just don't seem to be coming on a repeat basis for most movies.

Cap's legs were decent. Can't even put it in the same category as the others.

Even Lego has ended up being somewhat disappointing in terms of legs IMO. After the OW and the amazing second weekend hold, it just never matched the expectations. I definitely thought 280-300 was possible after the second weekend.

• Like 1