CJohn

Monday Numbers (Spatula): The Fault In Our Stars - 5.15M | Maleficent - 4M | Edge of Tomorrow - 3.1M | X-Men - 1.8M

Also, DAT FAULT DROP

and y'all called me crazy for going with -56% for next weekend

Monday drops are not a good way to determine weekend drops. Recently there are sometimes where even the second Friday is smaller than the first Monday

• Like 3

Monday drops are not a good way to determine weekend drops. Recently there are sometimes where even the second Friday is smaller than the first Monday

Especially now that all schools are officially out and it's already been confirmed like 80%+ of FIOS audience are high schoolers. So in other words, it's going to have a very small Friday/Sat bump.

Edited by MovieMan89
  • Like 1

Still, over 60% drop isn't locked at all

It's definitely locked I'd say. It would have to be around 5.5m on Thursday to have a sub 60% hold. Like I said, Fri/Sat jumps are guaranteed to be miniscule given its audience/genre and the time of year.

• Like 1

Fault In Our Stars should have a big Sunday drop since it is doesn't seem like a good Father's Day choice

Oh, totally didn't factor that in either. Yeah, 60%+ drop is still 100% locked. If it's at 4m on Thursday (which is optimistic, 3.5m probably more realistic) it would look like this with Eclipse's second weekend holds around the same time of year:

Fri: 5.6m (+40%)

Sat: 6.2m (+11%)

Sun: 4.2m (-32%)

16m (-67%)

Edited by MovieMan89
  • Like 1

You guys are underestimating that 1. the movie's WOM is starting to spread outside teenagers and 2. Some teenagers will need a movie to sneak into 22 Jump Street with this weekend

WOM for a movie like FIOS is more irrelevant than WOM for a movie like DOFP, and we learned the hard way how irrelevant that was (myself included). This will stick to its genre trends, regardless of WOM. A jump higher than 40% on Friday and 20% on Saturday isn't happening. Not even hating, just being realistic.

• Like 2

WOM for a movie like FIOS is more irrelevant than WOM for a movie like DOFP, and we learned the hard way how irrelevant that was (myself included). This will stick to its genre trends, regardless of WOM. A jump higher than 40% on Friday and 20% on Saturday isn't happening. Not even hating, just being realistic.

I don't see it dropping more than 60% with it's weekday trends

Nice # for Maleficent.  Do people still insist it's getting bad word of mouth? 

I don't know anyone that has seen it and liked it, BUT even with that, I wouldn't say this is getting bad WOM

Edited by 75live