10. Meet the Robinsons: C

11. Atlantis: D+

12. Brother Bear: D

13. Chicken Little: D

14. Home on the Range: F

I don't rank them as a single group, but in any case:

Interval Era (1999-2007)

1. Lilo & Stitch2. The Emperor’s New Groove3. Meet the Robinsons

4. Atlantis: The Lost Empire5 . Treasure Planet6. Brother Bear7. Dinosaur8. Fantasia 20009. Home on the Range10. Chicken Little

Of those, only L&S and ENG are ones I'd consider brilliant.

Reformation (2008-Present)

1. Frozen

2. Bolt3. Wreck-it Ralph4. Tangled5. Winnie the Pooh6. The Princess and the Frog

The quality range between Bolt and Tangled is still quite close, and depending on how I'm feeling I may adjust those three.

Tangled is probably the one with the most polish, but it also doesn't reach very far.

WiR has some brilliantly funny bits, but it also has a second act that, while enjoyable, doesn't quite mesh with the rest of the film.

Bolt does two things brilliantly. It's a bit of a celebration of Americana, and does so in a much better way than, say, Cars. It's also a wonderful critique on Hollywood and celebrity culture, especially about how it affects young actors and actresses. And it's coming from Disney.

While Frozen is awesome because it's like the ultimate culmination of 70 years of Princess films, Bolt is awesome because it's Disney critiquing itself.

I'm still sad that Chris Sanders' American Dog didn't get made, but I'm happy about what we got instead. (Both from him and from Disney.)

• Like 2

Tangled is a brilliant take on the Disney princess film. Re-watched it shortly after Frozen to see if I was remembering it too fondly, but nope it thoroughly destroys Frozen in every aspect except the animation itself. And for the record Tangled got just as good critical reception and has a slightly better IMDB score than Frozen so I'm obviously not alone in thinking it's just as good or better.

Well I will have to watch it again, but IMDB is garbarge as a rating site. Anyone can get on there and vote 100 times. So  your not  having a good argument there my friend on Tangled.

I lked it though, but  an A . That film was not better than Dragon 1 and especially not better than part 2. I do agree Tanged quality wise is better than Frozen.. Frozens best moments is the sister parts and that theme Song segment. That alone does not make a great disney film. Disney used that  song and a  fare deal of hidden subliminials to help get people into the theaters.

I cant believe the numbers. Dragon 2 deserves that BO more than Frozen by far. Now frozens Let it go song is definitely one of e finer magical moments from Disney though..

How did you rank  Dragon 2 Movie man?

Disappointed in TLAM2 OW. It should have hit 40.Good hold for 22JSTerrible number for DragonPretty much Rock of Ages number for Jersey Boys. Not bad.Great hold for MaleficentGood to see Fault have a decent hold and it should finish with about 125. Its also one of my faves this yr.DOFP looks to take a run at 240.EOT holds very well.Godzilla and ASM2are both looking to squeak past 200

• Like 1

How many people the Let it go song  aside think Frozen is better than Dragon 2...

I think folks are forgetting that Frozen had tons of subliminials hidden throughout that segiment so the song might have simply amplified the subliminial effect and folks came running. As a movie, when I forget about that cool princess coming into her power segiment and some of the princess theme. I rank it about an 8.5 out of 10.

Dragon 2 I give a 10..  Havent been brough to tears since TLK and Beauty and the BEast.Also Finding Nemo had some wonderful moments as well

Disappointed in TLAM2 OW. It should have hit 40.Good hold for 22JSTerrible number for DragonPretty much Rock of Ages number for Jersey Boys. Not bad.Great hold for MaleficentGood to see Fault have a decent hold and it should finish with about 125. Its also one of my faves this yr.DOFP looks to take a run at 240.EOT holds very well.Godzilla and ASM2are both looking to squeak past 200

Told you Godzilla would make it  my friend. Cant believe Spidey  made it to 200. But Im happy that its god-dammned flop.. Missing its target number by 300+M..Ouch.. And its by far the most expensive movie in yrs if not all time.  LOL @ SSpidey 2

Frozen is the best animated film I've seen as an adult.

Not too many would agree with that one Baumer.. .Take away that song and a strong first half, frozen pales in comparison

to TLK, Beauty and the Beast, The Lil Mermaid, Finding Nemo andDragon 2.

The Final act of  Frozen B went down hill.. Dragon 2 didnt need a song and ton of subliminal messages during the song to win over audiences. Its top level quality from start to finish. Have you seen the amazing Dragon2

Edited by Superman001

Bad weekend for Dragon overall, but it looks like it is doing decently on Sunday - at least on Movietickets.com - it is now at 19% of recent tickets sold with 22 Jump at 16%.  Significant because 22 Jump has been ahead of Dragon by a few percentage points there for the past several days.

Not too many would agree with that one Baumer.. .Take away that song and a strong first half, frozen pales in comparison

The Final act of  Frozen B went down hill.. Dragon 2 didnt need a song and ton of subliminal messages during the song to win over audiences. Its top level quality from start to finish. Have you seen the amazing Dragon2

Well to be fair, Beauty, TLK, Mermaid, and Nemo are all classics. Dragon 2 I haven't seen yet. Of course Frozen would pale in comparison.

• Like 2

Bad weekend for Dragon overall, but it looks like it is doing decently on Sunday - at least on Movietickets.com - it is now at 19% of recent tickets sold with 22 Jump at 16%.  Significant because 22 Jump has been ahead of Dragon by a few percentage points there for the past several days.

WOM should be killer for  Dragon 2 ..So it should coast.. These other films like 22 Jump and Think like a man 2 are killings some of its repeat business.

Not too many would agree with that one Baumer.. .Take away that song and a strong first half, frozen pales in comparisonto TLK, Beauty and the Beast, The Lil Mermaid, Finding Nemo andDragon 2. The Final act of  Frozen B went down hill.. Dragon 2 didnt need a song and ton of subliminal messages during the song to win over audiences. Its top level quality from start to finish. Have you seen the amazing Dragon2

That's your opinion and thats fine. But I really enjoyed the story and Olaf made it a blast.
  • Like 2

I don't see the logic of this statement. Why take away the strongest point of the movie and then compare it with other movies ? I think you need to take away the other movie's strongest point to make it a fair comparison.

• Like 5

Well to be fair, Beauty, TLK, Mermaid, and Nemo are all classics. Dragon 2 I haven't seen yet. Of course Frozen would pale in comparison.

Hi Pierree you would believe how pissed of disney fans are  that too many people are thinking a song  and good first half makes Frozen the best of the best.. Its irritating. They forget that Beauty and The beast was nominated for oscar for best picture and  I think won the golden globe. The only toon to do so ...In my 40 yrs almost of watching movies.. Ive never seen quite their equal in B and B and TLK.... Just the  Broadway show based on the movie has made billions.. We owe everything to the renissance era.

When did B+ to A- films start to make people forget about  the great 90s era and early 2000s FN, Incredibles etc :)

• Like 1

I personally have never been a fan of animated movies. There are obviously some good ones out there and Beauty and the Beast and Lion king and a lot of the classics as a kid are good but that's why I said Frozen is the best movie I have seen as an adult. It easily compares to movies like Lady and the Tramp and Cinderella and Snow White and the Seven Dwarves. It has that kind of feel and that kind of classic element to it in my opinion. It buries anything Pixar has ever done in my opinion

• Like 2

I don't see the logic of this statement. Why take away the strongest point of the movie and then compare it with other movies ? I think you need to take away the other movie's strongest point to make it a fair comparison.

There are no weak points in TLK,  though guys.. That what a perfec Disney film . TLK  had the classic Cain vs able , Othello theme and did  well. They used a cast of the ages straight from  Coming to america.

There are many many flaws in Frozen.. Where is the character development. We see simba grow from a cub Tong to adulthood and his pitfalls of naiviety.  I didnt see anyone crying or  in awe at my two showings. But I saw  golden - current age people crying yelling holy shit at Disneys pinnacle of achievement.

Almost everyone said Forrest Gump and TLK should have tied...They robbed TLK. You wont see frozn put in the category of  Forrest gump is what Im saying.

Not saying its  not a good Disney film Baumer and Tong.. But to compare it againsts  those 3 great fims. .Especially B and B and TLK Im comng to take off yall disney stripes.. LOl

Glad Pierre and others agree with me.. No one has come close to a film like TLK and Beast so far.

Dragon 2 reminded me of a quality in animated story telling we lost. If it had ongs like TLK, Frozen anBEast it would have been up there with the renissance era almost.