#ED

Wknd Est: TLM2 - 30M, 22JS - 29M, HTTYD - 25.3M, JB - 13.5, [DOFP - 6.2M]

If the world was fair, Avatar: The Last Airbender would still be on Netflix and thus, it'd always be in the top shows streamed.

Actually, if you guys want an animated equivalent to Firefly (aka cancelled way too soon), everyone should check out Sym-Bionic Titan. Genndy Tartakovsky's best show ever, and that's saying a lot seeing what else he's done.

That would be CLONE HIGH by your beloved Lord/Miller ;)

Exactly this. Sequels and reboots are not bad in themselves. BB, CR, DOFP and numerous sequels have proven to be brilliant. It's LAZY, UNNECESSARY sequels and reboots that are bad.

I went on a rant about this last week actually

See, here's my current issue with the boards, and this isn't actually directed just at you; I've had issues with this before you joined.

Nolanites, Frozenites, Marvelites, all the little fanboy groups? None of them are hopelessly annoying as what I'm dubbing the "Originites." Originites are people who hate relentlessly on franchise movies, regardless on if they're well-made or not. I remember last year when there was a member who hated on practically every movie of the summer except Now You See Me.

Here's my issue with what you and other Originites implying: just because I like comic book movies doesn't make me like all comic book movies. Around Thor 2's release last year, I discovered I too was getting bored with the genericness of the genre, but then Winter Soldier and Days of Future Past actually innovated inside the genre, and that's why I liked them. Meanwhile, TASM2 was a generic cookie cutter product that I rightfully hated on.

This leads into my main overall problem with Originites: they're too pretentious to bother enjoying any sequel. Just this year so far, my top 5 has three sequels. Unfortunately, original ideas are hard to come by in Hollywood these days. Fortunately, it's not hard to find good films based off pre-existing properties, and I'd much rather support those than shitty original movies. It just gets me so annoyed when anyone writes off any sequel as crap.

FYI, BobbyJohn, this rant has been brewing for awhile so don't take it all personally. It's directed at a lot of people here actually...

• Like 3

Eh, even the good ones I don't have any real interesting in watching. And judging from the numbers a lot of people this Summer feel the same. 

The new X-Men AMAZING!!!! 

That's nice. Yawn. Next! 

Posted Image

You do realize X-Men's currently #1 of the summer, right?

• Like 2

Well, that's just silly. Why talk about quality if you haven't seen it? You say quality is inherent to originality and that's plain wrong. The best movies of the summer are:

The 7th movie in a franchise

The sequel to a TV adaptation

The sequel to a cartoon adaptation of a book series

The adaptation of a Japanese sci-fi novel

And they're not just good by blockbuster standards - they're fucking brilliant. So, quality is about quality, not originality.

Holy crap, you totally beat me to that post lol. I'd like if I had likes :P

• Like 1

I can't get excited about another superhero reboot or sequel anymore. Good or bad. They killed any and all enthusiasm I had for comic book movies. 

And yet you get excited for the millionth fairy tale revisionist movie... sighhh

Pattinson's so called fanbase couldn't shut up about The Rover, yet they didn't see it.

His fanbase only ever sees him in Twilight movies BTW.

A friend of mine who's a Shia LaBeouf fangirl hyped up The Necessary Death of Charlie Countryman to me all last summer :lol:

• Like 1

The three best movies of the summer areThe seventh superhero sequel in a thirteen-year-old franchiseA sequel to a comedy remake of an 80s crime drama television showA sequel to an animated movie based off a twelve-book children fantasy seriesI'd much rather see any of those twice again than Maleficent ever again

LOCKE, yo. UNDER THE SKIN. CHEF. Look beyond the tentpoles.
  • Like 2