Crunching the Numbers: Year Nine (1st Quarter Reviews)

Oh, that's not true at all. You have little experience with my CAYOM opinions, dating back years of history.

-_- I've known you for almost half a year now and you're saying I have "little" experience with your opinion? I'd say no. I may not have a lot of experience but I can sometimes tell when opinions here are going to be similar. Just because I'm still new doesn't mean I have no experience whatsoever.

-_- I've known you for almost half a year now and you're saying I have "little" experience with your opinion? I'd say no. I may not have a lot of experience but I can sometimes tell when opinions here are going to be similar. Just because I'm still new doesn't mean I have no experience whatsoever.

And I am me and I can tell you that Rukaio and ! have pretty different tastes. Our opinions are the most similar when it is a film that is universally disliked or liked.

• Like 1

Rukaio's more nitpicky than Numbers. I learned that from his Amulet review.

But... that was one of my less nitpicky reviews....

Don't get me wrong, I openly admit I'm far more nitpicky than Numbers (although I do try and keep how nitpicky I'm being in mind when giving a film a grade), but my criticisms with Amulet were to do with major story problems (aka there was far too much of it and most of it went undeveloped.) That's not a nitpick. That's a massive problem. Me commenting ChD should've changed the character names in 5cm per second is a nitpick. 

Also, I feel slightly depressed at how determined Numbers is to prove our opinions aren't alike...

But... that was one of my less nitpicky reviews....

Don't get me wrong, I openly admit I'm far more nitpicky than Numbers (although I do try and keep how nitpicky I'm being in mind when giving a film a grade), but my criticisms with Amulet were to do with major story problems (aka there was far too much of it and most of it went undeveloped.) That's not a nitpick. That's a massive problem. Me commenting ChD should've changed the character names in 5cm per second is a nitpick. 

Also, I feel slightly depressed at how determined Numbers is to prove our opinions aren't alike...

Still, Hiccup's waiting for you at the party pooper table.

http://forums.boxoffice.com/index.php?/topic/9534-hiccups-critical-review-year-7/?p=718669

Can I just say I find it hilarious how Alpha always feels the need to bring up negative reviews over people's heads, and is annoyed by them whereas the only negative review of my own films I actively remember is Numbers' Expedecade review and that's for the lols

Can I just say I find it hilarious how Alpha always feels the need to bring up negative reviews over people's heads, and is annoyed by them whereas the only negative review of my own films I actively remember is Numbers' Expedecade review and that's for the lols

Because I'm a stingy old person.

Let's look at Year 8. Our Top 10s (the films we REALLY liked), excluding our own films:

Mine

The Concert's End (Missed Your Top 25)

Resonance

Two-Way Road (Missed Your Top 25)

The Giver

Hand Drawn Heroes (#20 on Yours)

Yours

The Academy (I hated it)

A Love to Die For (Missed my Top 25)

The Giver

Resonance

Uncharted 2 (#18 on My List)

Two films overlap, but those were also films that had universal approval pretty much so it's not distinctive. Not trying to "depress" anyone, but just pointing out last year indicated we did have some major diverging opinions on films we really liked.

Edited by 4815162342

What is that movie about anyway? All I know is that people compare it to films that have huge gaps their timelines.

What is that movie about anyway? All I know is that people compare it to films that have huge gaps their timelines.

CAYOM James Bond film. Has more than a passing resemblance to the Dark Knight Rises. I'm going to be MST3K-ing either it or The Cloud next if that helps.

• Like 1

I think Expedecade has some good elements in it, but I unfortunately wrote it after DKR came out and thus some plot elements molded into being much too like DKR and some was subconscious copying. There's merit in it but ultimately a failure on my behalf.

I liked Expedecade :ph34r:

This is funny seeing how you're quite honestly the main reason it didn't get a BP nom

I will say this though; Last Six was always going to have a 50-year time jump. Like as soon as I wrote the first film, I wanted to give the next one a 50-year time jump. Whereas half the reason Expedecade has its time jump is because I liked the title lol