John Marston

Weekend Actuals - 6/20-6/22

I have a feeling Thursday will be really bad for the holdovers. The US-Germany match will have a major effect earlier in the day, then from 9pm onwards Transformers will take a lot of screens away in multiplexes. 22JS, EOT and Dragon will probably be the most affected due to the direct demo competition.

USA vs Portugal game was the most watched soccer game ever in America. The game against Germany may beat that record.

• Like 1

Call me crazy, but I think the Minions movie can open to 100M. The Minions are extremely popular among kids, everytime I got to Universal Studios or Citywalk, it seems like the kids are all wearing minion t-shirts or have some kind of minion merchandise on them. The recently opened Minions ride has wait times of up to 2 hours. No wonder Universal is rushing out the spinoff movie between installments of Despicable Me.

Maybe Despicable Me 3 can do that, but not the Minions spin-off. 

• Like 1

I thought Disney didn't run Celebration.But if you get a chance check out the original plans for Epcot

Disney had to make Celebration become its own place because if it was part of Walt Disney World, then the residents would have voting rights. Thus, you are right, Disney does not run Celebration.

The people that live in Celebration are Disney workers, mostly doing Public Relations work for Walt Disney World. They really aren't that great at their jobs either.

Edited by Walt Disney
  • Like 1

Maybe Despicable Me 3 can do that, but not the Minions spin-off. 

DM2 was sold completely on the Minions. Gru and gang barely featured in the ads. I guess the Minions movie will be the test of how far a one-joke character can take a movie.

• Like 1

I thought Disney didn't run Celebration.But if you get a chance check out the original plans for Epcot

I've seen the model for it on the Tomorrowland Transit Authority PeopleMover multiple times. It's quite amazing.

• Like 1

You want fries to go with that

and Minions to help

Aren't Minions pretty much yellow potatoes? They certainly weren't very clever with the designs. :lol:

What do you think the fries are made of?

• Like 2