Blackout

Wednesday #s (Spatula): Dragon 3.53, 22JS 3.46, Malef 1.93, TLAM2 1.85, JB 1.6, FIOS 1.51, EoT 1.22, DOFP 0.83

Do the studios decide whether their movies get more theaters each week or is that the theaters' decision?

The studios mostly decide but the film buyers have the power to say yes or no when the distribution team asks them for more screens.

• Like 2

I honestly forgot what Blended was.

Just Go With It was the 2012 Adam Sandler/Jennifer Aniston comedy where moviegoers weren’t supposed to care that it’s an awful movie cuz they're in Hawaii and look how beautiful and fun! 

Blended was the 2014 Adam Sandler/Drew Barrymore comedy where moviegoers weren't supposed to care that it’s an awful movie cuz they’re in Africa and look how beautiful and fun! 

Except this time they cared that it's an awful movie. 

Which means that in 2016 we won't be getting an Adam Sandler/Jessical Biel comedy where they travel to a beautiful island in Greece to distract moviegoers from the awfulness of the movie. 
Edited by La Binoche

I thought Cap was hitting dollar theaters this weekend.

Nothing states such. Probably next weekend. It'll be in its 14th week which is when most big movies get dollar theaters. Both LEGO and Thor 2 both got dollar theaters in their 14th weeks.

Just Go With It was the 2012 Adam Sandler/Jennifer Aniston comedy where moviegoers weren’t supposed to care that it’s an awful movie cuz they're in Hawaii and look how beautiful and fun! 

Blended was the 2014 Adam Sandler/Drew Barrymore comedy where moviegoers weren't supposed to care that it’s an awful movie cuz they’re in Africa and look how beautiful and fun! 

Except this time they cared that it's an awful movie. 

Which means that in 2016 we won't be getting an Adam Sandler/Jessical Biel comedy where they travel to a beautiful island in Greece to distract moviegoers from the awfulness of the movie. 

There was already a Sandler/Biel comedy, except that it was a Sandler/James comedy with a side of Biel.

Still waiting for that Adam Sandler/Will Ferrell comedy where Ferrell shows Sandler how to grow a pair and actually try.

Edited by Jay Beezy

Nothing states such. Probably next weekend. It'll be in its 14th week which is when most big movies get dollar theaters. Both LEGO and Thor 2 both got dollar theaters in their 14th weeks.

I think it's great that the coincidental case of Cap 2's 14th week falling in line with 4th of July. Let's just hope it crosses $260m with this and might even give TASM a run for its money.

Transformers down to 16% on RT. 

The Rolling Stone review omg http://www.rollingstone.com/movies/reviews/transformers-age-of-extinction-20140626

Posted Image

I wish a bunch of franchises just stopped at part 3. Comic book movies have a bunch of different storylines to adapt from, plus the Fast & Furious franchise has kept adding more challenging elements to it. But a franchise as repetitive as Transformers was best off ending it at 3 at most. Plus the watered down Pirates 4 proved Pirates should have stopped at 3 as well.

I wish a bunch of franchises just stopped at part 3. Comic book movies have a bunch of different storylines to adapt from, plus the Fast & Furious franchise has kept adding more challenging elements to it. But a franchise as repetitive as Transformers was best off ending it at 3 at most. Plus the watered down Pirates 4 proved Pirates should have stopped at 3 as well.

Seeing as how they haven't made Pirates 5 yet, they clearly see the writing on the wall.  One can hope that the same happens with Trans4ormers.

Seeing as how they haven't made Pirates 5 yet, they clearly see the writing on the wall.  One can hope that the same happens with Trans4ormers.

Although, imagine if Transformers 1 had Wahlberg instead of LaDouche.

I'm still gonna see it as my summer vacation ends after the 4th of July because I'm starting my first real job. So I want the last movie I see in a theater before I start work to be a big blockbuster type of movie.

Edited by Jay Beezy

I think Dragon could have a strong increase tomorrow. TF4 shouldn't hurt it as much as we think.

I'm placing my bets on another 50% drop. Shouldn't have dropped 50% against zero competition so IDK why a four-quad tentpole wouldn't hurt it. It's domestic disappointment, but the trilogy capper is on the way, so I'm fine with it. Edited by Gopher
  • Like 1

I'm placing my bets on another 50% drop. Shouldn't have dropped 50% against zero competition so IDK why a four-quad tentpole wouldn't hurt it. It's domestic disappointment, but the trilogy capper is on the way, so I'm fine with it.

Plus it's losing theaters while Jump Street is gaining.

I'm only anti-Dragon because my dad continually flaunts his love for it in my face. :lol:

Edited by Jay Beezy

Transformers is not just movies though, their are animated series and comics as well. I would love if Michael Bay adapted stuff from the comics, they are very well written. That probably won't happen sadly.

Transformers is not just movies though, their are animated series and comics as well. I would love if Michael Bay adapted stuff from the comics, they are very well written. That probably won't happen sadly.

Yeah, Bay just makes up his own stories for the Transformers movies that are just totally repetitive.

Edited by Jay Beezy