CJohn

Weekend Estimates | TF4 - 100M (Paramount sticking to 100M for the Wknd Est)| More Numbers on Page 1

Goldfinger is classic and good, but From Russia With Love has a very different feel to it. It's lots of Bond fans' favorite.

Personally, I've always enjoyed the heck out of Thunderball. I love it because it's always just felt like the classic Bond movie in my head. It hits all the right Bond cliches.

Also, OHMSS is incredible!

OHMSS is my least favorite Bond movie. Goldfinger is definitely my favorite Bond film. I consider it to be the quintessential Bond film.

• Like 1

OHMSS is my least favorite Bond movie. Goldfinger is definitely my favorite Bond film. I consider it to be the quintessential Bond film.

I quite like OHMSS, finding it to be among the most dramatic bond films, however Goldfinger is a great bond film as well as if FRWL, though I'm also partial to YOLT.

Edited by Fancyarcher
  • Like 1

I really liked YOLT too.

Dat Roald Dahl effect

I find it to be a very enjoyable film. I really like the song, seeing Bond in Japan and the scene where we finally see Blofeld's face is quite well done.

Edited by Fancyarcher

Dat Roald Dahl effect

I find it to be a very enjoyable film. I really like the song, seeing Bond in Japan and the scene where we finally see Blofeld's face is quite well done.

Yeah, that scene was excellent. Connery is just the ultimate Bond.

I really liked all the Bond films to various degrees (some I liked and others I loved), except for OHMSS. I never liked Lazenby as Bond.

Edited by Walt Disney
  • Like 1

I have had people tell me that OHMSS would be the greatest Bond film ever if only it starred Connery instead of Lazenby. Who agrees?

I still don't think it would be the best ever. I do think that it would not have been the worst one though.

Yeah, that scene was excellent. Connery is just the ultimate Bond.

I really liked all the Bond films to various degrees (some I liked and others I loved), except for OHMSS. I never like Lazenby as Bond.

I don't know, Lazenby might have been a little bit of a bland bond, but the film itself was quite good I thought, besides Telly Savalas as Blofeld is perfect casting.

To me the worst bond films are AVTAK (Roger Moore should have quit while he was ahead) and DAD (Really it's just idiotic, it's not even fun).

Edited by Fancyarcher

I don't know, Lazenby might have been a little bit of a bland bond, but the film itself was quite good I thought, besides Telly Savalas as Blofeld is perfect casting.

Lazenby just didn't feel like James Bond to me. The Savalas casting was great though.

• Like 2

Lazenby just didn't feel like James Bond to me. The Savalas casting was great though.

I agree, but what do you expect when they get an Australian male model with no prior acting creds?

Edited by Fancyarcher

I agree, but what do you expect when they get an Australian male model with no prior acting creds?

I expected them to bring back Sean Connery or at least go straight to Roger Moore. I don't understand the Lazenby casting at all.

I expected them to bring back Sean Connery or at least go straight to Roger Moore. I don't understand the Lazenby casting at all.

Sean Connery didn't want to come back, despite being offered a huge amount.

Lazenby got cast because he went to lengths having met producer Albert R. Broccoli prior, to get the role and Broccoli thought he was perfect for the role.

Prior to Lazenby, Roger Moore, Timothy Dalton (only 22 at the time), Burt Reynolds and Adam West were all considered for the part.

Edited by Fancyarcher

Roger Moore was apparently on the short list, but was either tied up doing The Saint, or something else happened. (I believe Dalton was on the same short list, but turned the role down?)

Yes Moore was considered.

Dalton turned down the role because he thought he was too young for the role, being only 22 at the time.

Edited by Fancyarcher

So I join and a major studio blatantly lies about how much a movie made its opening weekend. It's an omen of some type I guess. 

No this no omen. Welcome to the forum. We have had a lot of new people recently.

Deadline:

The first big controversy of box office in the sixth months since I’ve been reporting erupted this AM as Paramount Pictures put the final three-day domestic cume of Transformers: Age of Extinction at $100.038M as its opening weekend for the fourth installment. “They’re lying,” said one distribution head at a major studio. Said another, “I don’t get get it.  Is it just arrogance? What is the point of inflating your box office numbers? So they can claim the first $100M movie opening of the year? Oh please, who cares? It’s a great opening anyway.”

Paramount's not fooling anybody when they say that what happened was a "100M opening weekend,". They're lying! It was not an milestone, it wasn't a record! Because what's really happening is that you're fudging something right here! And it is going to send us back to the Puerto Rico Days! RTH help us all...

Edited by Blankments
  • Like 2