#ED

Wknd "Paramount Actuals": TF4 -100.04M | RTH Favorite Radio Station - 97.5 FM [Actuals pg 11]

My projections for the week(based on former TF films, the modern Tuesday uptick and 2003 July 4th pattern):

Mon: 11.58m(-55%)

Tue:  12.16m(+5%)

Wed: 8.51m(-30%)

Thu:  9.79m(+15%)(Dat July 4th effect)

Mon-Thu -625k each day

So...

Mon: 10.96m(-57%)

Tue:  11.54m(+5%)

Wed: 7.89m(-32%)

Thu:  9.17m(+16%)

We'll see... ;)

• Like 1

My projections for the week(based on former TF films, the modern Tuesday uptick and 2003 July 4th pattern):

Mon: 11.58m(-55%)

Tue:  12.16m(+5%)

Wed: 8.51m(-30%)

Thu:  9.79m(+15%)(Dat July 4th effect)

So...

Mon: 10.96m(-57%)

Tue:  11.54m(+5%)

Wed: 7.89m(-32%)

Thu:  9.17m(+16%)

We'll see... ;)

What OW are you basing those numbers on?

In a way this pathetic POS deserves this fudged reputation. Its gross that it grossed this much. But that is what it is. At least its dropping hard from last one. Probably more than even the mediocre TASM did from mediocre SM3. 

Next one will not have any reason to fudge. It will be well below 100M.

• Like 3

Would have been a nice for a film to have a opening like that this year

Probably have to wait for next year for that. Might get it twice. Maybe even three times.

Edited by Orestes

Brandon gained so much respect from me that day...

Then again a couple years later with his report on DH2's "record" opening, which was 6th (or 7th?) in ticket sales all-time, the first time in a long, long, long time (maybe ever) that a movie broke the weekend record and wasn't even close to the ticket sale record.

• Like 4

In a way this pathetic POS deserves this fudged reputation. Its gross that it grossed this much. But that is what it is. At least its dropping hard from last one. Probably more than even the mediocre TASM did from mediocre SM3. 

Next one will not have any reason to fudge. It will be well below 100M.

Posted Image
  • Like 10

Then again a couple years later with his report on DH2's "record" opening, which was 6th (or 7th?) in ticket sales all-time, the first time in a long, long, long time (maybe ever) that a movie broke the weekend record and wasn't even close to the ticket sale record.

That is one thing I hated about Brandon's reports after a while. No box office record was good enough because it would be really behind when considering tickets sold or inflation adjusted gross or some such metric. 

That is one thing I hated about Brandon's reports after a while. No box office record was good enough because it would be really behind when considering tickets sold or inflation adjusted gross or some such metric. 

I think keeping things in perspective can only be considered a good thing.

• Like 4

Someone needs to say it in the media. The studios use the media to report "record" grosses in an attempt to create more hype for their movies and get more people to show up in the following days/weeks. Meanwhile the truth is they rely on ticket price inflation for a lot of the numbers they're putting up. $100m with 3D, inflation, and fudging is a JOKE.

• Like 3

Can TF4 hit $300M Dom now? Even with the fudge job, that's a 3X multiplier.

Apes will hurt it, but otherwise it's set to have a decent run till the 3rd July weekend.

Why would you do that? Last time I followed a thread it clogged up my e-mail.

It doesn't go to my email, just to my notifications.

Posted Image

Sony and TASM: When SPIDER-MAN 3 came out, way back when, it had huge midnights (for the time). It did $10m, and was widely reported as such.

When TASM came out, it did $7.5m in sneaks/midnights, and Sony suddenly claimed this was "the same as SM3". Nobody called them on their bullshit, and some articles at BOM were even revised. But there are a couple of references in other articles around the same time), and those of us who were tracking it remember.

In my mind, it's more agregious than simply fudging a number slightly, because Sony basically tried to re-write history. That's some Orwellian Stalinist shit right there. :lol:

• Like 9