#ED

Wknd "Paramount Actuals": TF4 -100.04M | RTH Favorite Radio Station - 97.5 FM [Actuals pg 11]

Officially? Helping people with their 401k retirement via phone Unofficially? Posting on Box Office while assisting some people with their retirement funds on the side. (Hopefully it's temporary?)

What do you really want to do then?
  • Like 1

I'm an insane mad genius now when it comes to it.

Index Funds. Index Funds. Index Funds.

Index Funds are good but the returns aren't the best. I prefer medium risk - moderate return to the safe - low return. High risk - high return is a bit too rich for my taste. 

I get a pretty good employer match, only reason I am still doing a 401k and not a Roth IRA.

• Like 1

Ideally I'd like to a Risk Analyst at an energy firm. It's kind of difficult to get your foot in the door though.

What risk are you talking about? Investment risk? I am a Risk analyst, but I deal with Enterprise controls and compliance risks. Probably not the area you are thinking of.

• Like 2

Index Funds are good but the returns aren't the best. I prefer medium risk - moderate return to the safe - low return. High risk - high return is a bit too rich for my taste. 

I get a pretty good employer match, only reason I am still doing a 401k and not a Roth IRA.

I always tell people, do not count on the government to support you in retirement. 

Govt only provides essentials to people who dont work, why would it give more to people who retire. 

A lesson people sadly learn the hard way.

• Like 1

Some of y'all must have it easy and money to spare, collecting Blurays collection and video games.My biggest collection is like my jar of pennies.

Oil and gas business is the place to be. Just got a restricted stock bonus worth 50% of my salary. Cash bonus back in April equal to 30% of salary.

• Like 3

Since we're showing off our stuff...This is my awesome bookshelf full of movies.

Posted Image

I just took that and forgot about the ones I have in my room.  They stay on the shelf unless I take them down to watch them.  Like these:

Posted Image

• Like 11

Ideally I'd like to a Risk Analyst at an energy firm. It's kind of difficult to get your foot in the door though.

Ambitious. You can do it Pink. You're still young. Opportunities and doors will open for you. I hope the best for you.
  • Like 3

Oil and gas business is the place to be. Just got a restricted stock bonus worth 50% of my salary. Cash bonus back in April equal to 30% of salary.

I would say saving money and putting it around all over the place is safest if one does not take much risk.

Meaning some in funds, some in a business venture...Perhaps become a limited partner in a business. 

• Like 1

Since we're showing off our stuff...This is my awesome bookshelf full of movies.

Posted Image

I just took that and forgot about the ones I have in my room.  They stay on the shelf unless I take them down to watch them.  Like these:

Posted Image

But where is your copy of THE HAPPENING?

• Like 5

I prefer Index Funds because the returns are usually better than playing around with the market (take for example the S&P 500 Index funds that most will offer). Also, the expense ratios are miniscule compared to other mutual funds. Now, those fees aren't directly assessed to a participant, but they are reflected into price.

401ks are free money. It's certainly in everybody's best interest to at least get as much of the match as you can. The only problem is that people create a reliance on them as a means of obtaining loans/hardships.

• Like 3

Posted Image

Posted Image

The one on the extreme upper right will not get you invited to dinner at baumer's house. :P

• Like 4

I know you're rich, red. :PBut in seriousness, how would you start on getting into oil and gas business?
  • Like 1