#ED

Wknd "Paramount Actuals": TF4 -100.04M | RTH Favorite Radio Station - 97.5 FM [Actuals pg 11]

I prefer Index Funds because the returns are usually better than playing around with the market (take for example the S&P 500 Index funds that most will offer). Also, the expense ratios are miniscule compared to other mutual funds. Now, those fees aren't directly assessed to a participant, but they are reflected into price.

401ks are free money. It's certainly in everybody's best interest to at least get as much of the match as you can. The only problem is that people create a reliance on them as a means of obtaining loans/hardships.

100 agree, but I think something that ensures continuous cash flow is great as well at this stage in life. 

• Like 1

Since we're showing off our stuff...This is my awesome bookshelf full of movies.

Posted Image

I just took that and forgot about the ones I have in my room.  They stay on the shelf unless I take them down to watch them.  Like these:

Posted Image

BUFFY!!!!!

• Like 3

I know you're rich, red. :PBut in seriousness, how would you start on getting into oil and gas business?

I got lucky because I stumbled into an oil and gas degree program in college. But I've worked with quite a few people who had no background in the industry and just applied for jobs. You don't have to be an engineer or geologist to get in. Those companies need a lot of support staff including accountants, administrative jobs, etc.

• Like 4

I prefer Index Funds because the returns are usually better than playing around with the market (take for example the S&P 500 Index funds that most will offer). Also, the expense ratios are miniscule compared to other mutual funds. Now, those fees aren't directly assessed to a participant, but they are reflected into price.

401ks are free money. It's certainly in everybody's best interest to at least get as much of the match as you can. The only problem is that people create a reliance on them as a means of obtaining loans/hardships.

My firm has negotiated pretty good fees with our 401k provider, so it works out well for me currently. I prefer having investments diversified rather than all in one place, for example real estate in the US is still risky but in India it is a booming market  ;)

• Like 3

I got lucky because I stumbled into an oil and gas degree program in college. But I've worked with quite a few people who had no background in the industry and just applied for jobs. You don't have to be an engineer or geologist to get in. Those companies need a lot of support staff including accountants, administrative jobs, etc.

Thanks. That's something worth keeping in mind.Haven't seen you in a while, red. How are ya?
  • Like 2

I would take a picture of my laserdiscs, but they're in storage at my parent's house.

(Not that my collection was anything special, but still.... laserdiscs!)

It's funny how the only truly collectible formats are the obsolete ones. ;)

• Like 3

I would take a picture of my laserdiscs, but they're in storage at my parent's house. (Not that my collection was anything special, but still.... laserdiscs!)

How about dem screeners?
  • Like 1

What risk are you talking about? Investment risk? I am a Risk analyst, but I deal with Enterprise controls and compliance risks. Probably not the area you are thinking of.

Investment risk would be the most logical route, yeah.

• Like 2