#ED

Monday Actuals: Transformers - 10.5M

If anything Maleficent is more an adaptation of Wicked. Frozen is nothing like Wicked.  :lol:

That was always going to be the case. I don't know if Disney ever said they were going the Wicked route but the official synopsis they provided months before the release made it clear that this was to be a "the villain is actually the good girl" story. The idea was taken from Wicked and is clearly commercially viable. Silly Universal has not adapted Wicked yet, and they may well have had their thunder stolen now.

That was always going to be the case. I don't know if Disney ever said they were going the Wicked route but the official synopsis they provided months before the release made it clear that this was to be a "the villain is actually the good girl" story. The idea was taken from Wicked and is clearly commercially viable. Silly Universal has not adapted Wicked yet, and they may well have had their thunder stolen now.

There's nothing on the record about Disney wanting to ape Wicked, but it seems pretty clear that there are several people working at Disney who are fans. Between OzTGaP, Frozen, and Maleficent, they've essentially created a pseudo-Wicked trilogy of films. The first is the story, the second is the presentation, and the third is the theme.

Universal should see if they can team up with WDAS to make Wicked.

Let's go with the real thing:Rotten Tomatoes is not a good site to know if a movie is good or not.It's just a site to know if the majority of the critics like a movie or not.In an absurd proposition, if all critics give to a movie a 5,9 in 10, the movie will get 0% in Rotten Tomatoes.And other movie gets 6,1 of all critics, the movie will get 100% in Rotten Tomatoes.Obviously both movies are medium (not awful the first one, not great the second).

More like Soccer destroys me every 4 years. 

I am also pretty sure NFL kills you every Fall/Winter going by what usually happened in these threads...

• Like 3

Between baseball, football, basketball, and ice hockey.....I just can't get into soccer.

Baseball is great. From Sept - October.

Basketball? lol.

Hockey? Maybe?

Football?  :excited:

• Like 2

Between baseball, football, basketball, and ice hockey.....I just can't get into soccer.

Hell, between basketball and basketball I can't get into soccer. At least it'll be another 4 years before everyone else pretends they're into it.

• Like 2

I am also pretty sure NFL kills you every Fall/Winter going by what usually happened in these threads...

Looks like this year the NFL thread will feel my wrath.  :lol:

• Like 1

They are still going at the Maleficent/Godzilla thing?

What is this, May 2014? We are almost in July, move on please. Talk about TF4 ffs, or something :lol:

Trans4 is too boring for me to talk about, even if it's to trash it. 

I'm waiting for Apes -- that's what I wanna talk about! http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/dawn_of_the_planet_of_the_apes/

• Like 1

Baseball is great. From Sept - October.

Basketball? lol.

Hockey? Maybe?

Football?  :excited:

I mean the Knicks suck, so Basketball doesn't take up too much time. But the Yankees, Rangers and Giants keep me pretty busy.

• Like 1

Let's go with the real thing:Rotten Tomatoes is not a good site to know if a movie is good or not.It's just a site to know if the majority of the critics like a movie or not.In an absurd proposition, if all critics give to a movie a 5,9 in 10, the movie will get 0% in Rotten Tomatoes.And other movie gets 6,1 of all critics, the movie will get 100% in Rotten Tomatoes.Obviously both movies are medium (not awful the first one, not great the second).

RT's average rating system is more flawed then its tomatometers.