BadAtGender

Tues# TF4 10.41, HTTYD2 2.61, 22JS 2.28, Malef 1.57, TLAM2 1.17 | Full numbers Page 1

In the annals of sequels, Dawn is to Rise of the Planet of the Apes what The Empire Strikes Back was to Star Wars -- it's that much better.

June 28, 2014

Todd McCarthy
The Hollywood Reporter
*Top Critic
  • Like 10

Well, I'm not as anti-TA as you seem to be. But I definitely feel it's nowhere near the greatness it's presented as. Cast chemistry and good action are what make the movie fun for me, but there is nothing more to it, to elevate it to a level beyond "extremely fun summer blockbuster".

I'm not compleatly against the film I enjoyed it. but it isn't what people make it out to be. 

• Like 1

In the annals of sequels, Dawn is to Rise of the Planet of the Apes what The Empire Strikes Back was to Star Wars -- it's that much better.

June 28, 2014

Todd McCarthy
The Hollywood Reporter
*Top Critic

I had not been looking forward to it at all - but these reviews are getting me pumped as hell. So awesome to see yet another great-quality blockbuster this summer. You know, even if we have nothing but 200 million movies this summer, it'll still be remembered for its fantastic quality. I'm more than happy with that. What good is 4 300 million movies in one summer, if those movies are fucking Spider-Man 3, Shrek 3, Pirates 3 and Transformers? Give me DOFP, EoT, HTTYD2 any day over those.

• Like 5

For it not to do $1b after amassing 550m in two markets would be utterly pathetic.

Yea, it would really be pathetic to earn 900 million dollars WW.  I'm sure that would be a very bad ROI for Paramount.  :shades:

• Like 3

daily change added

Here is what I have from my magic number stone that I rub each morning.

Transformers - 10.78  -1.19% (from 10.91)

Dragon - 2.61 +14.97%

Jump Street - 2.28 -6.55%

Maleficent - 1.55 +7.63%

Think Like a Man - 1.15 +2.4%

Jersey Boys - 1.13 +1.52%

Fault in our Stars - 1.05 +2.64%

Edge of Tomorrow - 0.76 -2.43%

Days of Future Past - 0.55 -1.96%

Edited by a2k
  • Like 4

Why is everything staying flat  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:

Because July 1st is Canada Day, like the US's Independence Day.  Like July 4th, July 1st offers a lot more to do than just go to the movies, so a lot of films decrease that day.  Even with Cheap Tuesday, movies are not as busy as normal here in Canada.  So for films to stay flat or decrease slightly, is a sign of a good July 1st.

• Like 3

According to some people, Elsa's story and her song is a metaphor for gays, puberty, or mental illness. :lol:

Yeah, how dare people see metaphors in art? Absurd!

Why the need to laugh at those who want to interpret something differently from you?