La Binoche

Thurs #s (Deadline): T:AOE 9.45, Tammy 5.5, DUFE 2.6, ETE 2.6, HTTYD + 22 JS 2.5

Speaking of Lego, why did it perform so poorly overseas? 210m? Eek. Isn't Lego a global brand? I guess the story and humor do have an American sensibility to them. 

And I guess not everyone can attract a global family audience like the Dame. 

Posted Image

I read those stories about 6 year olds who are soooo frozen obsessed and haven't stopped singing let it go for six months, much to the aggravation of their parents, and I wonder how many of those kids have accounts on this forum.

LOL so true

I'm kind of starting to get tired of Frozen fever, even though I loved it.

That's pretty much where I am. Also, a rewatch on DVD made me like it somewhat less. I think that movie is the first one that ever made me revise substantially my "Best Movies of a Year" list a few months after the year. Frozen was easily knocked down from #2 spot to somewhere around #7.

It's still the best animated movie of last year, don't get me wrong. But place LEGO or Dragon 2 in any year from 2011-2013, and either would've been the best animated movie of that year, only serious competition being Rango

• Like 1

TF4 is king for another weekend.But next Friday the reign of the apes begins.Hail Ceasar.

I can't wait for Apes. There's been a lull in movies I want to see since June 13, but with Apes, the floodgates will open for other, awesome movies

• Like 2

Spending my Fourth of July with the family, and picked up the terrific two of The LEGO Movie and Budapest Hotel on Bly-ray!

Budapest Blu-Ray is out already?? :o

Glad you liked Dragon, Jack. :)BOYHOOD, GOTG, DOTPOTA, MAGIC IN THE MOONLIGHT, and maybe THE GIVER are all I have left this summer to really look forward to.

Begin Again?

Also, yay Jack for liking Dragon 2 :D

I hope Lucy is a success even if I think it looks stupid in concept. Reason is I want action/blockbuster movies that put females in lead roles to succeed so studios get the message that things like Wonder Woman solo movies could succeed.

You have to remember this movie is not playing everywhere. Even if a lot of people want to see it they won't be able to.

I didn't see it listed at a theater near me.

Yeah Boogie Nights needs to realize that if it was out everywhere, there'd probably be a lot more people here talking about it lol

I would've seen it yesterday if it was in town

The box office analysts will be annoying if Lucy does break out. I can picture the headlines and articles about how women actually do go to the movies! And the writers of those articles will believe that they're actually saying something new and significant.

Ugh, you're right. I'm so sick of that repeat article.

It'll do fine, but I wouldn't expect a 300m+ juggernaut.

I would, provided a nice release date. I mean, Monsters U would've done 300M+ without DM2 killing its legs. Incredibles is more loved than Monsters Inc

• Like 1

Gobber is the first openly homosexual character in a DreamWorks Animation film. This is evidenced when he says the reason he never married was because of the arguing. He then adds, "Well, this and another reason."

From the HTTYD2 Imdb page. Wow, I did not get that reference.

Edited by Jack Nevada hates movies
  • Like 1

Just like DRAGON 2 was poised for massive success....?

Incredibles is notably more loved than Dragon 1. People still talk about it ten years after it was released, and kids still watch it (heck, you said Tele Jr. loved it!). And Incredibles is probably one of the darker animated movies out there. It's in fine shape to do well (especially considering Disney marketing>>>>Fox marketing)

Edited by Blankments

The Incredibles has remained at least somewhat relevant thanks to their presence at the Disney parks so I agree that an Incredibles sequel would be a much bigger deal than How to Train Your Dragon sequel ever was.

Just like DRAGON 2 was poised for massive success....?

The Incredibles 2 should at least do 200m+ domestically unless it somehow turns into compete shit, and I doubt they're are gonna do a sequel without Bird directing it, or having some sort of involvement.

Edited by Fancyarcher