#ED

Wknd #s: TF4 - 36.4M | Tam - 21.2M (32.9M) | DUFE - 9.5M (15M) | ETE - 8.3M (13.5M) | pg49 (We love the 90s/70s)

Even though he has no POWERS, does The Rocketeer count? (That movie was basically what got Joe Johnston the CA:TFA gig, right?)

A bit more pulp science than super, but it's still probably a superhero film.

• Like 1

You'll get more of a "complete" Paquin on True Blood.

Never seen it

The Mario Galaxy games are my favorite games of all time. Literall couldn't find one flaw with them (except maybe the camera in the first which is just slightly wonky once in awhile). But pretty much perfection in every way.

I love them too :D Definitely my favorite games on the Wii

Don't plan to either. Not a comic book superhero film geek! Got better things to do in life :D

You stay here, you stay here :lol:

Fail attempt at degrading language to a particular fandom.

Someone, somewhere thinks that "the thing" you really, really like is just as geeky and stupid to not waster their life with.

Never mind your at a film site which clearly means you're an overall "film geek"...if not then you are only trolling to troll and if that's the thing you're doing with your life and free time..... :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

What are you, 19? Mentally you're there regardless. Welcome aboard, the gangplank is on the starboard side. 

• Like 2

Yea, well, what can I say?

I will never see a film for the first time again when I am very tired.  I'd had 8 hours sleep in 3 days when I saw it for the first time.

Dude that happens with me all the time. Ghotocol, Dragon 2, and Iron Man 3 are recent examples. A good way to remedy it is, if you can, take a half hour nap before heading to the theater. Gets rid of any potential headaches

Why does everyone assume so many good looking young guys are gay in hollywood?  I'm curious.

People just feel the need to throw the gay accusation on everyone. Some people think they know someone when they don't. If Zach Efron is gay, he'll come out when he feels like it.

Edited by Fancyarcher
  • Like 2

DufE spoiler.

So cats get tourtured in DufE. Well I guess I'm never seeing that movie. Even Grand Budapest Hotel and Dragon Tattoo were hard to watch for what they do to the cats.

:sadno: 

I felt really bad at it, but the cat torture in Budapest gave me the biggest laugh of that movie. More because of the way it shot though.

Oh yeah, the moment she

knows Gus is dead is also gut-wrenching. The eulogy was what I was talking about in my other post. The moment where she says that to her parents really touched me because sometimes also I think what would my parents do if something happened to me.

Is it weird that the only part of TFIOS that made me cry was when

they're on the bench and Gus reveals his diagnosis

?

• Like 2

If more theaters are as comfy as the AMC at Broadway and 84th, I approve.

Did they change the seats there? Last time I was there was for Drag Me to Hell. Place was a dump, particularly compared to Lincoln Square just down the street.

• Like 1

I am sure you will end up seeing Guardians if WOM is good  :P

I hope baumer sees Guardians. Either he'll love it and write an awesome review, or hate it and write an awesome review

Or alternatively, he'll give it a 5/10 and I'll be disappointed

To all those people calling Maleficent trash:

Wake up please! None of the summer releases was a masterpiece!

Transformers, Godzilla, DOFP, ASM 2 and CA 2 were crap. Only EOT was actually a good enough film but was still no masterpiece.

Crux: If Maleficent was bad then every other film (with the exception of EOT) was bad too.

Maleficent is not a superhero film like the rest and so I understand the sentiment coming from the comic book geeks/fanboys :D

Posted Image

• Like 4

Malf is good though, only true tea Posted Image

STOP WITH THIS MEME AGH

I think these superhero films are crap, they could easily be cartoons/animations. I used to be a fan when I was a kid but then I grew up :D

I liked EOT this summer.

Gladiator is one of my all time faves. Unfortunately one doesn't see such great films being made these days. And it's also disappointing to see big budgets being allotted to ridiculous films.

Posted Image

Cinemasins takes out the joy of watching movies. 

I agree, they are the Peter Quill to BOF's Rocket Raccoon

• Like 2

People just feel the need to throw the gay accusation on everyone. Some people think they know someone when they don't. If Zach Efron is gay, he'll come out when he feels like it.

Is it even newsworthy anymore? 

I mean hell, it's not 1993 anymore. Not exactly avant garde to be gay. 

It's like page 20 news if an announcement such as that still qualifies anymore as news. 

• Like 2

Yeah, I hope it gets made and is good.

And I asked someone for the post where according to him I said I liked Maleficent but he didn't reply. Probably still trying to find a post that never existed.

Let me clear this out for everyone:

I would have never been interested in watching Maleficent had it not been for the incredible Angelina Jolie! Disney movies are not my thing. And aren't they meant for kids anyway?

As a film it was not good for me but Angelina was amazing. And the message that the film gave was more powerful than what kids get through any of these stupid comic book films. In my opinion, it is a great watch for kids just for that reason.

So as I said before, the only film that I liked this summer was Edge of Tomorrow. Everything else that I watched was basically crap!

I'd reply with another "WTF" pic but instead I'll post a few quotes

Posted Image

Posted Image

• Like 5

Is it even newsworthy anymore? 

I mean hell, it's not 1993 anymore. Not exactly avant garde to be gay. 

It's like page 20 news if an announcement such as that still qualifies anymore as news. 

It's not, some people just make a big deal out of it.

• Like 2