CJohn

Weeknd Official Est: Apes 2 - 73M | Friday Numbers and Saturday Numbers on Page 1

I'm amazed the Port Authority bus terminal functions even moderately decent whenever I catch a bus home from NYC.

I've had recurring nightmares about being trapped in Port Authority. I run all over the place but can't find an exit.

Explain.

Well...Don't get me wrong. The fights were pretty much awesome, especially the kitchen one. HOWEVER...I just don't feel it worked. Whereas the first one felt hyper-kinetic and at least attempted to make sense, this one felt like a failed Tarantino flick, complete with "badass" characters such as the baseball/hammer duo, which was plain retarded.

Too many times I found myself thinking "this is fucking dumb and makes no sense". When Koso goes after that group of guys - the group is going in the same direction that the last survivor ends up going - which is a dead end. And that made me go "well, as awesome as the action is, this is stupid".

And speaking of Koso - and generally everything else - do Indonesian bad guys forget guns exist for 99% of the time? When you want to kill an assassin that does his killing in hand-to-hand combat, do you send 30 guys to beat him to death, or do you just fucking shoot him? Again, it all makes for entertaining fight scenes, but it just makes no fucking sense, and it just took me out of the whole movie each and every time that happened. It worked in the first one, due to the nature of it, the confined space and lack of ammo. But here...it just felt retarded. Either go all-out and make it a damn dark comedy that acknowledges it doesn't make sense, or at least come up with something reasonable to explain the retarded nature of these criminals.

It's overlong and self-indulgent. I'll gladly rewatch the kitchen fight over and over on youtube, but the movie as a whole...no  thanks. I can overlook a lot of stupid shit for the sake of the overall story or good action, but when the story is paper-thin in any case, yet stretched to 150 minutes, and the action is repetitive (and becoming dull, especially as it misses the intensity of the first movie for the most part), repeatedly saying to myself "this is dumb" means I just can't like the movie.

Sorry.

Speaking of apes, regarding Eastwood's Any Which Way You Can from the wikipedia article, "The ape who played Clyde in the second film died after being beaten by his trainer for stealing donuts from the movie set, he eventually died of a cerebral hemorrhage two weeks after the film wrapped."

wtf?

• Like 1

Speaking of apes, regarding Eastwood's Any Which Way You Can from the wikipedia article, "The ape who played Clyde in the second film died after being beaten by his trainer for stealing donuts from the movie set, he eventually died of a cerebral hemorrhage two weeks after the film wrapped."wtf?

Seriously? That's sad
  • Like 2

Well...Don't get me wrong. The fights were pretty much awesome, especially the kitchen one. HOWEVER...I just don't feel it worked. Whereas the first one felt hyper-kinetic and at least attempted to make sense, this one felt like a failed Tarantino flick, complete with "badass" characters such as the baseball/hammer duo, which was plain retarded.Too many times I found myself thinking "this is fucking dumb and makes no sense". When Koso goes after that group of guys - the group is going in the same direction that the last survivor ends up going - which is a dead end. And that made me go "well, as awesome as the action is, this is stupid".And speaking of Koso - and generally everything else - do Indonesian bad guys forget guns exist for 99% of the time? When you want to kill an assassin that does his killing in hand-to-hand combat, do you send 30 guys to beat him to death, or do you just fucking shoot him? Again, it all makes for entertaining fight scenes, but it just makes no fucking sense, and it just took me out of the whole movie each and every time that happened. It worked in the first one, due to the nature of it, the confined space and lack of ammo. But here...it just felt retarded. Either go all-out and make it a damn dark comedy that acknowledges it doesn't make sense, or at least come up with something reasonable to explain the retarded nature of these criminals.It's overlong and self-indulgent. I'll gladly rewatch the kitchen fight over and over on youtube, but the movie as a whole...no thanks. I can overlook a lot of stupid shit for the sake of the overall story or good action, but when the story is paper-thin in any case, yet stretched to 150 minutes, and the action is repetitive (and becoming dull, especially as it misses the intensity of the first movie for the most part), repeatedly saying to myself "this is dumb" means I just can't like the movie.Sorry.

You say "retarded" a lot.
  • Like 1

Speaking of apes, regarding Eastwood's Any Which Way You Can from the wikipedia article, "The ape who played Clyde in the second film died after being beaten by his trainer for stealing donuts from the movie set, he eventually died of a cerebral hemorrhage two weeks after the film wrapped."wtf?

:mellow:
  • Like 1

John Carter and The Lone Ranger say hi.

When the public simply isn't interested, there's not much you can do. Could they have been marketed better? Sure, but I don't think people were gonna go to those two regardless.