CJohn

Weeknd Official Est: Apes 2 - 73M | Friday Numbers and Saturday Numbers on Page 1

Has anyone seen Rolling Stone's reader-polled list of the worst movies of the year so far? Talk about a wake-up call about how many idiots there are out there. 

Why? Because Godzilla is #1? People tend to vote on movies they have actually seen. So a lot of movies would probably not even make the cut. Godzilla did have the worst legs for a movie opening to 90m plus. Spidey was close behind and it was #2 on the list.

• Like 1

Yup. :)

You missed my post in reply. Went there because it was the only place showing that Richard Gere movie in the area. Had dinner at the galleria and went for a movie afterward. Wanted to go to the arclight there but it wasn't showing. Went down the road to the Laemele and boy was greeted with a sea of white hair, canes and walkers. I think that's the spot for the old people every night. They show a lot of independent films there as well. I mean films where people are there promoting their film and selling t shirts and everything.

• Like 1

Most of the list I get, but I don't know why Godzilla, Neighbors, and Noah are on the list. There are easily more than 10 movies that have came out this year worse than them. 

People vote on what they spent money to see. Judging from Godzilla's opening weekend a lot of people saw it.  And judging from its legs, a lot of people hated it.

Why? Because Godzilla is #1? People tend to vote on movies they have actually seen. So a lot of movies would probably not even make the cut. Godzilla did have the worst legs for a movie opening to 90m plus. Spidey was close behind and it was #2 on the list.

People vote on what they spent money to see. Judging from Godzilla's opening weekend a lot of people saw it.  And judging from its legs, a lot of people hated it.

America is fucking wack.

And don't remind me about Godzilla's legs.

Posted Image

• Like 1

Actually folks generally writing in forums giving it an A or B. Its just a bad box office year,

aalso I think it didnt have enough Godzilla moments Estasy so alot of people just didnt go back again to see it.

So the director in the sequel needs to have more Godzilla moments worthy for the fanbase to want to check out the film

at least twice.. Most people I ran into loved the film and the treatment Godzilla got.

The only complaint is not enough of Godzilla and they wanted deeper human characters.

• Like 2

Actually folks generally writing in forums giving it an A or B. Its just a bad box office year,

aalso I think it didnt have enough Godzilla moments Estasy so alot of people just didnt go back again to see it.

So the director in the sequel needs to have more Godzilla moments worthy for the fanbase to want to check out the film

at least twice.. Most people I ran into loved the film and the treatment Godzilla got.

The only complaint is not enough of Godzilla and they wanted deeper human characters.

I think you're right.

• Like 2

You missed my post in reply. Went there because it was the only place showing that Richard Gere movie in the area. Had dinner at the galleria and went for a movie afterward. Wanted to go to the arclight there but it wasn't showing. Went down the road to the Laemele and boy was greeted with a sea of white hair, canes and walkers. I think that's the spot for the old people every night. They show a lot of independent films there as well. I mean films where people are there promoting their film and selling t shirts and everything.

Haha, yeah, it's a crazy little place. Bollywood movies, Holocaust documentaries, American art-house curiosities, general foreign films....

America is fucking wack.

And don't remind me about Godzilla's legs.

Posted Image

Well Godzilla is brillant, but like Singer with Superman Returns... You need more of the main character and money shots

to satisfy the domestic crowd for repeat business.  Im shocked MAl is doing so well. I actually

liked the film, but its not a film I would be seeing more than once in the theaters...lol Kids must have helped

Mal bigtime

Has anyone seen Rolling Stone's reader-polled list of the worst movies of the year so far? Talk about a wake-up call about how many idiots there are out there. 

Nah, I don't bother with reader polled lists. Those tends to consist of more popular movies, than the actual sometimes lesser seen stinkers of the year.

Edited by Pokearcher

Haha, yeah, it's a crazy little place. Bollywood movies, Holocaust documentaries, American art-house curiosities, general foreign films....

Well yeah that's your neck of the woods so I'm sure you're very familiar. It was an experience for me though.

• Like 1

Neighbors sucked. Rose Byrne was the movie's sole bright spot. Seth Rogen was Seth Rogen. He's Jewish, he's shirtless, he's flabby, he's hairy....and that's supposed to be funny. Zack Efron has less talent than a dead toe -- I couldn't have cared less about what happened in his fraternity. Barely chuckled throughout the movie. 

I think you're right.

Thanks did you go out to see it.. I think you will love the movie. Especially when the god one finally arrives.

Lol the Jaws reference and royality treatment godzilla's opening sequence got with the military  is almost

worth the price for a ticket right there... And oh my at the money shot of why we love godzilla during the final moments.

Well yeah that's your neck of the woods so I'm sure you're very familiar. It was an experience for me though.

I tend to not go there that often, though. Really tiny screens and old-fashioned theater... I'd rather go to the Arclight, but sometimes certain indie movies never get there.