John Marston

Thursday Numbers (RTH) - Apes 5.7 , TF4 -1.7

This summer, man. Even when things start to look good, it's like... Nope!

Odd upshot: unlike most Marvel films, I'm starting to feel excitement for GotG several weeks out, instead of just a few days before release.

I know I may be overdramatic, but goodness gracious. How do you go from a $9.6 million Tuesday to a $5.7 million Thursday? For a film that has spectacular WOM? That's a little more than just Tuesday discount-boosts and spillover business wearing off, if you ask me.

• Like 2

I know I may be overdramatic, but goodness gracious. How do you go from a $9.6 million Tuesday to a $5.7 million Thursday? For a film that has spectacular WOM? That's a little more than just Tuesday discount-boosts and spillover business wearing off, if you ask me.

Rise had extremely strong Friday increases, expect a decent increase tomorrow especially if today is deflated

Rise had extremely strong Friday increases, expect a decent increase tomorrow especially if today is deflated

Well... Even with this Thursday number, if you were to give this upcoming weekend the same increases/drops as Rise's second weekend, you've got roughly $10.5M Friday, $14M Saturday, and $11.2M Sunday... So $35.7M weekend...Let's hope its at least remotely close to that. Otherwise, we can panic.

I liked the way the movie opens with all these odd and eerie shapes that look extraterrestrial in nature...but they're actually parts of a human eye. It sort of ties in with the theme of this alien who finds that there is some humanity in her.