John Marston

Thursday Numbers (RTH) - Apes 5.7 , TF4 -1.7

After the awesome numbers on Monday and Thursday, I knew something was going to fall soon. The three films having Thursday night shows must have made a big impact.

Dragon, Maleficent, and ETE probably dropped much less than other films.

Also, Part 3 of Les Sympathiques has been posted. Enjoy!

Edited by Spaghetti

15% drop for Apes.I am beyond upset. Even the most front loaded of the front loaded don't drop that much on the first Thursday.

First Thursdays:

DOFP -13.1TASM -13.7EOT -17.3

So it's not good, but it's not disproportionally awful either. 

those Thursday previews and the habbit of including it in the Friday grosses, produces even more frontloading

Tuesday peaks will get higher still in the future

so forget the old statistics with respect to those dailies

Looks like apes should end up around 5.8 so a little higherfor the new films thurs I'll say thisPlanes shouldn't have bothered at all badP2 don't see it getting to level of 1st,ST yeah soft like notfabio said

• Like 8

Looks like apes should end up around 5.8 so a little higherfor the new films thurs I'll say thisPlanes shouldn't have bothered at all badP2 don't see it getting to level of 1st,ST yeah soft like notfabio said

So Planes might be a huge flop? At least something good is coming from this.

• Like 1

So Planes might be a huge flop? At least something good is coming from this.

No. It is just normal that a movie like Planes 2 doesn't have big previews.

How much did the first Purge in previews?

No. It is just normal that a movie like Planes 2 doesn't have big previews.

How much did the first Purge in previews?

It's probably hard for Planes to flop anyway. I can't imagine these things are made with a big gross in mind, it's pretty much only there to continue promoting the Cars brand.

So in other words, not only the holdovers drop big, the new releases also do **** numbers.

This summer just keeps getting better and better... :ph34r:

• Like 1

notsureifserious.gif

The passenger jet getting shot down over the eastern Ukraine? The Israelis entering/invading/whatever Gaza?

Well, invade isn't a word to use, it's an Israeli territory. They essentially declared Martial Law in a province overrun by terrorists.