CJohn

Weekend Estimates: The Purge 28.3M | Apes 36M | Sex Tape 15M | Planes 18M | Godzilla 470k +91% 198.9m!!! | More Numbers on Page 1

So now it's officially official with these Apes numbers that there will be no $250M+ grosser this summer (unless Guardians really breaks out but that's unlikely).

It's just crazy to think Cap 2 will stay the biggest movie of the year until November. I thought for sure something this summer would top its gross.  :mellow:

It's just crazy to think Cap 2 will stay the biggest movie of the year until November. I thought for sure something this summer would top its gross.  :mellow:

That's cause your sane.And the box office is...Insane.
  • Like 3

I thought Spiderman and Transformers for sure. Was hoping for Xmen.

• Like 2

The fact it and (especially) The LEGO Movie have a legit shot at finishing in the top 5 of the year makes me want to do a happy dance.

• Like 1

I thought Spiderman and Transformers for sure. Was hoping for Xmen.

Well, even if we all missed the boat on this one...a worthy movie still won.Even though it's the second best Chris Evans movie of the year (watch Snowpiercer)
  • Like 1

Watch studios shove more Summer movies in April after seeing CA2's performance. :lol:

• Like 2

Ouch @ Sex Tape. Weak #s and terrible Cinemascore.

Had Sex Tape been...an actual Cameron Diaz sex tape...would it have done better?Ok, I wouldn't have gone to the theaters for it, but at least I might've wanked to it.
  • Like 1

Xmen topping Cap is the only option there that wouldn't have been sad.

Well I just figured Spidey and T4 were gonna be big enough. I'm still stunned a spiderman movie barely hit $200m. Will it even make more than Thor 2?

Well, even if we all missed the boat on this one...a worthy movie still won.Even though it's the second best Chris Evans movie of the year (watch Snowpiercer)

I'm building up the courage to watch it, lol.

Watch studios shove more Summer movies in April after seeing CA2's performance. :lol:

Yeah. And it won't work. Just like the movies made May 1st week big, not the other way around, as proven by our friendly neighborhood spiderboy this year.

• Like 1

It's simultaneously crazy and hysterical to think that Captain America 2 won the summer box office...by not participating in the summer box office.

If interstellar disappoints and nothing breaks out Cap 2 may finish 2nd for the year...