The Panda

Box Office Forums Official 15 Best Original 21st Century Blockbusters l Deadline August 7

open this up for book adaptions, come on. it's impossible to draw a line between originality and not. here's my list, i only just managed to scratch up fifteen titles:

[*]inception [*]where the wild things are [*]wall-e [*]gravity [*]hugo [*]ratatouille [*]the incredibles [*]wolf of wall street [*]finding nemo [*]curse of the black pearl [*]avatar [*]girl with the dragon tattoo [*]the simpsons movie [*]curious case of benjamin button [*]catch me if you can

catch me if you can and the simpsons movie both made over $200m adjusted for inflation.

So, basically just like OBLIVION...

Yeah, pretty much.

Although the shenanigans that went on with C&A were pretty epic.

(There are several series that have been done with the film or TV rights sales in mind, with really lazy art, but that's not quite the same thing.)

In order to get more lists, I will open this up to book adaptions on one condition,

The book must not be a franchise book.  (No hunger games, harry potter, lotr, etc.)

Edited by The Panda

In order to get more lists, I will open this up to book adaptions on one condition,

The book must not be a franchise book.  (No hunger games, harry potter, lotr, etc.)

So EOT is open? What about Bourne?

Edited by Ethan Hunt

The 21st century has really been a time of numerous sequels, prequels, remakes, reboots, book adaptions, comic book adaptions, etc. So I thought it would be good for there to be a Box Office Forums list for the best original blockbusters out there, that don't have any pre-existing material to work off of and still succeed.In case you need some clarification on what I mean by original blockbusterExamples of Original BlockbustersInception, Gravity, Pacific Rim, Django Unchained etc.Examples of Not-Original BlockbustersSpider-Man, The Hunger Games, Lord of the Rings, Rise of the Planet of the Apes, Godzilla, etc.Pretty much if it got a screenplay nod at the Oscars it would be put under Best Original Screenplay.Also for the film to qualify as a blockbuster it either needs to have a budget of around 100m or higher or grossed 200m or higher.NEW RULE: If the movie is inspired by something (such as a theme park, toy, book) but not an actual adaption of it, it will be counted as original.Ex. Frozen, Pirates 1, Battleship (not transformers since that is based off the cartoon series)

NEW RULE #2: You are now allowed to use book adaptions as long as it is not a franchise book.  (Such as Hunger Games, Harry Potter, LOTR)  This would make movies such as Edge of Tomorrow, The Wolf of Wall Street, and Minority Report available for your lists.The points scale will go like this1. 5 Points2. 4 Points3. 3 Points4. 3 Points5. 3 Points6. 2 Points7. 2 Points8. 2 Points9. 2 Points10. 2 Points11. 1 Point12. 1 Point13. 1 Point14. 1 Point15. 1 PointAnd here is a copy list1.2.3.4.5.6.7.8.9.10.11.

This is just asking to do not writh LOTR down but now point..

1. LOTR

2. LOTR

3. LOTR

4. LOTR

5. LOTR

6. LOTR

7. LOTR

8. LOTR

9. LOTR

10 LOTR

11. LOTR

12. LOTR

13. LOTR

14. LOTR

15. LOTR

And why do I do this, no not because I am dick.. 

But that could also be a good reason.. XD

Because 2nd rule:

You are now allowed to use book adaptions as long as it is not a franchise book.  (Such as Hunger Games, Harry Potter, LOTR)  This would make movies such as Edge of Tomorrow, The Wolf of Wall Street, and Minority Report available for your lists.

I know LOTR is a franchise, But the books aren't it was meant to be one book and it is one book. You can search for that, so LOTR is no franschisebook!

1. Inception

2. Gravity

3. Spirited Away 

4.  Gladiator 

5. Noah

6. Ratatouille

7.  Ted

8, Up

9.  The Aviator

10. Cast Away

11. Noah

12.  Pacific Rim

13. Passion of the Christ

14.  Wall-e

15. Brave

Does this work. With the new rule changes. 

• Like 1

1. Frozen2. Inception3. Wall-E4. Gladiator5. Finding Nemo6. Avatar7. Ratatouille8. Up9. Edge of Tomorrow10. Pacific Rim11. Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl12. Gravity13. Django Unchained14. Black Hawk Down15. The Last Samurai

Does this list work ?

• Like 2

1.Inception 

2.The Incredibles

3.Enchanted

4.Ratatouille

5.Signs

6.Avatar

7.Wreck-it Ralph

8.Frozen

9.Wall-e

10.Meet the Robinsons

11.My Big Fat Greek Wedding

12.Pirates of the Caribbean

13.The Last Samurai

14.National Treasure

15.Pacific Rim

Edited by KaloVisor
  • Like 2

1. Frozen2. Inception3. Wall-E4. Gladiator5. Finding Nemo6. Avatar7. Ratatouille8. Up9. Edge of Tomorrow10. Pacific Rim11. Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl12. Gravity13. Django Unchained14. Black Hawk Down15. The Last Samurai

Does this list work ?

Looks good to me.

1. The LEGO Movie
2. Gravity
3. The Incredibles
4. Ratatouille
5. Spirited Away
6. WALL-E
7. Monsters, Inc.
8. Life of Pi
9. Tangled
10. Shrek