Olive

Weekend Numbers: GOTG - 94M (PG 180) [25.5M Sunday (Spatula) Cancel the Godzilla legs!]

Deadline just posted it's weekend prediction based on Friday's #:1). Guardians of the Galaxy (DIS), 4080 theaters / $38M+ to $39M Friday (includes $11.2M late nights) / 3-day est. cume: $93M to $96.4M2). Lucy (UNI), 3,202 theaters (+29) / $5.3M Fri. / 3-day cume: $16.9M to $18M (-61%) / Total cume: $78.2M / Wk 23). Get On Up (UNI), 2,468 theaters / $5.2M to $6M Fri. includes $371K late nights) / 3-day cume: $15.4M to $16M / Wk 14). Hercules (MGM/PAR), 3,595 theaters (0) / $3M Fri. / 3-day cume: $10.4M (-65%) / Total est. cume: $52.1M+ / Wk 25). Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes (FOX), 3,283 theaters (-385) / $2.4M Fri. / 3-day cume: $8.3M to $8.6M / Total cume: $189.3M / Wk 46). Planes: Fire & Rescue (DIS), 3,241 theaters (-598) / $1.89M Fri. / 3-day cume: $6.2M / Total cume: $47.5M / Wk 37). The Purge: Anarchy (UNI), 2,656 theaters (-200) / $1.84M Fri. / 3-day cume: $5.4M / Total cume: $62.9M / Wk 38). Sex Tape (SONY), 2,500 theaters (-562) / $1M Fri. / 3-day cume: $3.2M / Total cume: $33.6M / Wk 39). And So It Goes (CLARIUS), 1,816 theaters (+54) / $925K Fri. / 3-day cume: $3.1M+ (-33%) / Total cume: $10.3M / Wk 210). A Most Wanted Man (RSA), 729 theaters (+368) / $ 796K Fri. / 3-day cume: $2.96M (+10%) / Total cume: $6.7M / Wk 2

Atleast he can watch it in his area...

I really can't. It opened yesterday at a reachable theater, and since I can't drive, I'm dependent on friends for when I get to see it. It'll probably be a Thursday matinee

Both Lucy and Hercules are looking at +60% drop in it's 2nd weekend. While it was expected for Hercules, that's a really terrible drop for Lucy, especially when you compare it to the 45% drop for Salt.

Edited by sfran43

I want to see more original blockbusters.

Guardians technically isnt original, but its about as good as a blockbuster can get. I dont want too many adapted properties either, but if they deliver though, then I dont mind. No one wants Clifford the Big Red Dog, but if it gets a 90%/7.9 and shows us something new, then I mean can we really complain?

Yeah I guess. But they are used to that Potter and TDK money rolling in. Godzilla is peanuts.

If a studio wants to take a risk. They should try and to adopt more video game movies. I know most have suck but they have the potential to be big movies if you can get good team behind it, Kinda like how superhero movies in the 90s had terrible teams behind them .

What would that be?

Well if The Jungle Book title is any indication, they seem to want to make a franchise out of that. 

Course the films that their probably planning to make franchises out of (such as The Man From UNCLE) will likely fail.

Watching Boyhood tomorrow afternoon. Then home entertainment awaits in the evening with Only Lovers Left Alive and Under the Skin. I am excite.

• Like 1

If a studio wants to take a risk. They should try and to adopt more video game movies. I know most have suck but they have the potential to be big movies if you can get good team behind it, Kinda like how superhero movies in the 90s had terrible teams behind them .

With the right team, Legend of Zelda.

How is that original? LOL. I think adapting video games would be harder than adapting comic book movies.

• Like 2