Olive

Weekend Numbers: GOTG - 94M (PG 180) [25.5M Sunday (Spatula) Cancel the Godzilla legs!]

For anyone who's still on the fence, GOTG is one of the most visually stunning movies of all time.

If you have IMAX anywhere near you, it's worth a bigger screen. Many of the shots are worth 3D too.

• Like 2

Well, I suppose it's neat consistency, but I dunno if it's anything to be proud of.

Well since its 7 $90M openers from 2001-2013, an average of 1.5 a year, then in one year we get 6, I think thats pretty cool.

For anyone who's still on the fence, GOTG is one of the most visually stunning movies of all time.If you have IMAX anywhere near you, it's worth a bigger screen. Many of the shots are worth 3D too.

The visuals were fantastic, fun, and colorful.Guardians really is this generations version of Star Wars.
  • Like 1

Well since its 7 $90M openers from 2001-2013, an average of 1.5 a year, then in one year we get 6, I think thats pretty cool.

It does speak of a sort of... breadth of movies getting to that mark. Going back to 2007, it tends to be either 3 or 4 films reaching that high. This year we'll probably get 7-9, depending on a few things. OTOH, most years have films that open much higher than we've had this year, so nothing's is really knocking it out of the park in an absolute sense. Although we've had several films do quite a bit better for their OW than expected: Cap, Godzilla, DofP, and Guardians could all be argued for throwing above where they should have.

• Like 1