filmscholar

Weekend Numbers (pg119) Turtles 65M, GOTG 41.5

This was Bay and Fox making up. I'm glad she's in it and they made up. Hopefully her and Shia can be in TRF5.

I actually think this is Michael Bay punking/trolling Fox one last time by exposing her again and reminding the world what a terrible actress she is.
  • Like 1

Checking reactions on Twitter, and shockingly a lot of the reactions seem to be pretty good, of course they all still think Michael Bay directed the movie.

Thank you Michael Bay for not ruining another childhood memory #TMNTmovie

Wait, so you're saying that the paying audience doesn't have the same opinion as critics?  WTF!  I'm shocked.

• Like 7

Final DL update for the day

4th UPDATE, Friday, 10:50 PM: We have the latest estimates right now based on two more sets of late night grosses which puts Turtles anywhere from $58M to $61M and Guardians in the $40M to $42M range at the moment. The three other new pictures — Into The StormThe Hundred-Foot Journey and Step Up All In – are right in line with earlier estimates (see Top Ten chart below). CinemaScores have been added below. It also looks like box office is up around 15% now from the same weekend last year, instead of 10%.

Edited by grim22
  • Like 6

That was really nice of him.  No wonder you like him. Must be cool to meet down to earth person like that in the business.

I've never "met" him, not in person anyway, but like I said, he is remarkably accessible on Twitter and for some reason he was interested in my interest in the business of PD.  We corresponded by email for a month or so and he shared a lot of inside stuff...so yes, I respect him immensely.

• Like 5

Not to mention its a kids moovie thats got nostalgia power as well Baumer.

Hah hah I told Empire and others Turtle Power still is lingering.... Mwahahahahahaahhh Take That Guardians lol

Yeah, you were right and I was wrong. Congrats.  <_<

• Like 1

Bout time you showed up Kal.

Poke my brother you know your Crazy Kal buddy , would have to show if Turtles had a close to my 64M OW

predict opening... Yeeeehawwwww!!

Now Lets see if we can win out that 140M Domestic+ Club for this too.......

Hang on Poke we arent done with This BO Office yet!!!!

" HEY WERE REALLY HIP!!!!"  DONT MESS WITH THE BOYS!!

• Like 5

Not to mention its a kids moovie thats got nostalgia power as well Baumer.

Hah hah I told Empire and others Turtle Power still is lingering.... Mwahahahahahaahhh Take That Guardians lol

Hey Hey Hey Now can't both movies just be Successful

• Like 1

4th UPDATE, Friday, 10:50 PM: We have the latest estimates right now based on two more sets of late night grosses which puts Turtles anywhere from $58M to $61M and Guardians in the $40M to $42M range at the moment. The three other new pictures — Into The StormThe Hundred-Foot Journey and Step Up All In – are right in line with earlier estimates (see Top Ten chart below). CinemaScores have been added below. It also looks like box office is up around 15% now from the same weekend last year, instead of 10%.

Anything over 40m is good for GOTG. And anything over TMNT(animated)'s total is good for this incarnation.

Although considering budgets, for TMNT2014 to match the performance of TMNT2007 gross to budget, it would have had to make near 90m this weekend. 34m vs 125m.

Posted Image

• Like 1

Simply shell-shocking.

Edited by MuffinMan
  • Like 3

Every time she updates Turtles goes up and GOTG ticks down.

• Like 3