filmscholar

Weekend Numbers (pg119) Turtles 65M, GOTG 41.5

I also think there's going to be a lot of walk up business cause last night when I went to a 9:30 show, the theater was only half full with 7 minutes to go. By the time the previews were over the whole theater was full, sold out crowd.  Also it was the same for "Transformers", they have a lot of walk up business. 

Other 7pm previews this year

Guardians - 11.2

Spiderman - 8.7

Godzilla - 9.3

If it behaves like Guardians it will make 38.7m, if more like spiderman then 48.4m. My guess is it will be somewhere in the middle. 

Edited by eXtacy
  • Like 1

Other 7pm previews this year

Guardians - 11.2

Spiderman - 8.7

Godzilla - 9.3

If it behaves like Guardians it will make 38.7m, if more like spiderman then 48.4m. My guess is it will be somewhere in the middle. 

Its more kid friendly so leaning towards TASM2 number.  Looks to be heading in line with expectations.

Not bad.  50 is definitely in Play.  

I will still be surprised if it his 50m even with those midnights

Its more kid friendly so leaning towards TASM2 number.  Looks to be heading in line with expectations.

Yeah I'am thinking 45m

Edited by eXtacy

Well "Into the Storm" isn't going to be "Twister" level obviously but I guess 800k for a found footage genre isn't bad.  Speaking of "Twister" saw it on the Big Screen in Summer 96, age 16.  Loved it.  Huge blockbuster that summer:

Posted Image

• Like 3

Other 7pm previews this yearGuardians - 11.2Spiderman - 8.7Godzilla - 9.3If it behaves like Guardians it will make 38.7m, if more like spiderman then 48.4m. My guess is it will be somewhere in the middle.

I'd imagine that it'd behave more like Guardians, since the other two came out in May. I guess it'll go for around $40-42 million.Which means, Guardians is taking the weekend again.

I will still be surprised if it his 50m even with those midnights

Yeah I'am thinking 45m

Again in play, I'm factoring in possible walk ups.  I'm thinking more in line with early tracking of about 45.  Low tracking has it late 30's but It's definitely breaking 40 Million.