filmscholar

Weekend Numbers (pg119) Turtles 65M, GOTG 41.5

Is there any chance Guardians beats TMNT this weekend?

50/50 Fridays numbers should give us a good indication. I don't know if GOTG's Thursday drop was all that important to this weekends gross

Well "Into the Storm" isn't going to be "Twister" level obviously but I guess 800k for a found footage genre isn't bad. Speaking of "Twister" saw it on the Big Screen in Summer 96, age 16. Loved it. Huge blockbuster that summer:

Posted Image

thats a better movie

50/50 Fridays numbers should give us a good indication. I don't know if GOTG's Thursday drop was all that important to this weekends gross

Saturday is going to be a slugfest.Cap 2 had a pretty strong 2nd Saturday.I don't see why Guardians wouldn't as well.

Early sure to be wrong number

Box Office: ‘Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles’ Overperforming For $50+M Wkd And #1 Past ‘Guardians Of The Galaxy’ 

FRIDAY 1:45 PM UPDATE: It’s Superheroes vs Reptiles vs Mother Nature at this weekend’s crowded domestic box office with Helen Mirren and a fifth dance franchise thrown in as the 2014 Summer movie season limps along. No less than 4 new movies open wide today, with the big question how well Disney/Marvel’s record-breaking blockbuster Guardians Of The Galaxy (playing in 4,088 theaters) can repeat through Sunday after grossing nearly $130M domestically, and $220M globally, in less than a week. But Paramount/Nickelodeon’s rebooted Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles already is overperforming for #1 and $50+M this weekend. - See more at: http://nikkifinke.com/#sthash.JYRKnySD.dpuf
Edited by grim22
  • Like 1