kayumanggi

Weekend numbers thread:TMNT: 28.4 GOTG: 24.7 LBC. 17.7 Ex3: 16.2

Woohoo, go Guardians! Anyone have any idea what next weekend's drop may be?

Welcome to the forums.

Next weekend (this weekend) the drop will probably be under 40%.  It has a good chance at being number one again this weekend.  

• Like 2

Slightly more common sense than other studios  :lol:

well other studios are still dumb enough to think summer is the only place to get big grosses. No-one learned from previous blockbusters like Alice or THG. If people want to see a film, they will see it regardless of the time of year its released. Instead they think its best to cram a shit load of blockbusters into one month failing to realise the competition will hurt their films more than the time of year will boost sales.

• Like 5

well other studios are still dumb enough to think summer is the only place to get big grosses. No-one learned from previous blockbusters like Alice or THG.

WB has. Their future DC release dates now include March, April, and August.

• Like 1

I have to say Im amazed and impressed at how well TMNT held this weekend. I saw it early and was in the 65% drop camp from the start. Looking back, Im not sure which is more impressive to me: how well it has performed vs how badly I underestimated it.In the future I need to do a better job of recognizing how being even slightly out of the target market can impact WoM and perception of marketing effectiveness. Just because 11 year old tomboys dont want to see it doesnt mean 11 yearold boys also dont want to see it.

• Like 2

I have to say Im amazed and impressed at how well TMNT held this weekend. I saw it early and was in the 65% drop camp from the start. Looking back, Im not sure which is more impressive to me: how well it has performed vs how badly I underestimated it.In the future I need to do a better job of recognizing how being even slightly out of the target market can impact WoM and perception of marketing effectiveness. Just because 11 year old tomboys dont want to see it doesnt mean 11 yearold boys also dont want to see it.

You mean 11 year old girls?