MovieGuyKyle16

How to act during a movie??

Ok so I went and saw The Girl with a Dragon Tattoo tonight with my buddy and in the theater there was probably about 20 people for this showing with lots of seats open (we sat in the back) Then these 3 guys come in and sit right in front of us. Well my buddy had to move to the other side of me because their heads in were the way. During the movie, the one guy was using his cell phone, and the two other guys kept talking during the entire movie. I did shush them but they kept talking anyway. I'm asking the Box Office Theory Community should I have done more to get them to stop and risk it turning into a scene or just let it go??

If you asked them to be quiet and they didn't then that's on them. You could have asked Theatre staff to ask them to be quiet or leave I guess, but that would have probably disrupted your enjoyment of the movie even more than putting up with rude people. I've never come across a situation like that - I guess you could always move far away from them so you could concentrate on the movie.

If there is room enough to move away from them, I do that. If not, I (not quietly mind you) tell them to shut up. Usually they listen to me when I tell them to be quiet, because I'm not nice about it and frankly I try and scare them as it's almost always teenagers that do this. So I don't mince words in telling them what I think of them flapping their jaws.If they continue to be ridiculous I get up and go get the manager/security. I've only had to do this twice. First time the workers allowed me to go into another theater that was about to start another showing of the same film, since I'd missed some of it. Second time I got free movie passes good for anything but 3D. Both times they kicked the little shits out because they wouldn't cooperate.

well I'm only asking because I did come across a situation like this only once before and when I asked them to be quite I basically got the death stare from them. After the movie they came up to me and told me I was being rude and had no right to tell them to be quite.

Oh hell no. You and everyone else who just paid $10 to see a film had every right to watch said film without distractions. THEY are the ones who were disobeying basic movie theater etiquette, if not theater policy. No one pays $10 to miss dialogue from a movie because you couldn't hear it over entitled, rude, arrogant, selfish, thoughtless jackasses having a conversation. You are doing absolutely nothing wrong in telling them to shut up. These people need to realize that they are NOT at home and need to be mindful of others.

So don't ever let any idiots tell you something like that. If they give you shit for trying to get them quiet, give it right back to them. They give you a death stare, give it right back ten fold. They tell you that you were rude for asking them to be quiet, put them in their place and tell them exactly what they are.

People like that continue to get away with shit like that because too many people lay down and let them. Everyone just sits there quietly fuming in their seats instead of making them stop. Or they back down when the people get defensive when they are shushed. They can't be allowed to continue disregarding other people, feeling they own the places and thinking they can do whatever they want, wherever and whenever they want without consequences.

All of us with brains and consciences have to put our foot down. Because I guarantee you, if they have that attitude at a movie theater, they also have that attitude in many other facets of their lives.

• Like 2

this is why i wish there was a Alamo Drafthouse in every cityhttp-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=1L3eeC2lJZs

See? Now that is exactly the kind of person that needs to be put in their place. They think the whole world revolves around them, they are above the rules and are fucking STUPID. One of the times I got someone thrown out it was a little witch like that and her stupid boyfriend. She had the gall to get smart right back to me. Yeah, didn't work so well for her.

I must say that I don't know what's worse, that idiot who left the voicemail, or the people in the comments on YT defending her. Good God."I go to the movies to socialize with my friends" ..... WTF???? Go to the damned MALL if you want to socialize! This is a place where other people actually PAID to watch and hear a film.