iceroll

BOF's Top 100 Animated Films of All Time Ceremony! TOP 10 COUNTDOWN TIME! (p.36)

#38: Wallace and Gromit: THe Curse of the Were-Rabbit (2005) - 330 Points

Country of origin: UK (Aardman Animations/Dreamworks Animation)
Animation style: Stop Motion
Posted ImagePosted Image
Plot:
Wallace and his loyal dog, Gromit, set out to discover the mystery behind the garden sabotage that plagues their village and threatens the annual giant vegetable growing contest.

Iceroll's list trivia:
Wallace and Gromit is the second highest ranked stop motion film on the list.

IMDB trivia:

The film required 2.8 tons of Plasticine in 42 colors and 1000 baby-wipes per week to wipe it off animators' fingers.

BOF User Review
One of my favorite ANimated films. Who doesn't love the Wallace and Gromit characters?
5/5 
-Captain Jack Sparrow, 2013

Posted Image

Posted Image

Film Video Clip:
Edited by iceroll
  • Like 8

It is impossible not to like Totoro.

True though that screaming little girl makes it a bit difficult at time.  Still, it's on my list.

I need to see Coraline.

Love Wallace & Gromit though The Wrong Trousers and the one with Sean the sheep are my favorites - but too short for this list.

And that clip from Howl's Moving Castle makes me want to watch it again right now. It was #1 on my list.

Edited by TalismanRing
  • Like 1

#37: Dumbo (1941) - 347 Points

Country of origin: USA (Walt Disney Animation Studios)
Animation style: 2D Traditional
Posted ImagePosted Image
Plot:
Ridiculed because of his enormous ears, a young circus elephant is assisted by a mouse to achieve his full potential.

Iceroll's list trivia:
Dumbo is the oldest film on the list so far, and the first film from the 1940s.

IMDB trivia:

The only Walt Disney animated feature film that has a title character who doesn't speak.
This was Walt Disney's favorite film made by his studios (source: DVD extras).

BOF User Review
Such a movie story about a relationship between son and mother. Tragically separated since Dumbo was a baby. Dumbo's mom was trying to protect dumbo from the abuse he was receiving from the human trainers.  The film shows how Dumbo was able to use what made him different and show the audience just because someone is different does not make anything less. Dumbo was treated horrible and rejected by other elephants. This is a second element of the film is  acceptance in society. Dumbo wants to be accepted by his peers. The only friend he has is a mouse.  Dumbo's friend helps dumbo realize his full potential. With Dumbo's friend and Dumbo soars to new heights and  finally is renewed his mother. 
5/5
-Snoopy of Suburbia, 2014 (today actually, perfect timing to include here!)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Film Video Clip:

• Like 13

#36: Who Framed Roger Rabbit (1988) - 375 Points

Country of origin: USA
Animation style: Live Action/Animated
Posted ImagePosted Image
Plot:
A toon hating detective is a cartoon rabbit's only hope to prove his innocence when he is accused of murder.

Iceroll's list trivia:
Who Framed Roger Rabbit is the highest ranking live action/animation hybrid. Its 25.0 average score is also the third highest so far, and the highest for any movie that received more than 3 votes. 

IMDB trivia:

Bob Hoskins said that, for two weeks after seeing the movie, his young son wouldn't talk to him. When finally asked why, his son said he couldn't believe his father would work with cartoon characters such as Bugs Bunny and not let him meet them.

BOF User Review
Solid A, one of the most enjoyable films ever! Especially if you're into toons like me ...
The pace is breathtaking and it's so full of background jokes, sight gags and wordplay that you have to watch it multiple times. Plus, Bob Hoskins manages to stand his ground against nearly everything the animators throw at him. And Christopher Lloyd makes a memorable villain. This must have been a director's nightmare but Zemeckis did it brillantly - the guy made some truly inspired films!

Just to get am idea how good HFRR really is, go and watch "Cool World", which tried about the same concept 4 years later and was a boring mess despite more starpower.
-IndustriousAngel, 2013

Posted Image

Posted Image

Film Video Clip:

• Like 13