CJohn

Wednesday Numbers | The November Man - 865k

Didn't Brosnan already have his "The Rock" quasi sequel movie moment ("The Thomas Crown Affair" says hello)?

Uh. He played a thief, not a spy and he had two Bonds released after that film. Connery played a thief in the Great Train Robbery but that's not seen as a pseudo-Bond sequel, why would TCA be?

Posted Image

Guardians of the Galaxy' Adds $1.5 Million; 'The November Man' Opens in Fifth Place

by Shawn Robbins

Guardians of the Galaxy retained first place on Wednesday with a gross of $1.51 million, off 42.5 percent from the same day last week. That brings the Disney/Marvel flick's domestic sum to $256.7 million and counting as it heads into Labor Day weekend. Guardians is now 12 percent ahead of the pace of Captain America: The Winter Soldier--which, along with The LEGO Movie's $257.75 million, it will overtake as the year's top grosser sometime late Thursday or early Friday--and just 2 percent behind the pace of 2008's original Iron Man.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles grabbed another $1.09 million yesterday for a 55 percent week-to-week drop. The reboot has earned $149.6 million domestically in its first 20 days, 21 percent more than 2009's G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra.

more to read at BO.com Daily

http://www.boxoffice.com/statistics/bo_numbers/daily/2014-08-28?force_kind=true

• Like 2

for anyone wondering about the other expansions, besides Chef:

-X-Men DOFP should be in about 800-850 theaters

-Begin Again should be around 350 theaters

-HTTYD2 should be in around 1000-1050 theaters

(HTTYD2 has already in about 200 more theaters than DOFP this past week, so they're both expanding by about the same amount.)

• Like 2

Guardians of the Galaxy' Adds $1.5 Million; 'The November Man' Opens in Fifth Place

by Shawn Robbins

Guardians of the Galaxy retained first place on Wednesday with a gross of $1.51 million, off 42.5 percent from the same day last week. That brings the Disney/Marvel flick's domestic sum to $256.7 million and counting as it heads into Labor Day weekend. Guardians is now 12 percent ahead of the pace of Captain America: The Winter Soldier--which, along with The LEGO Movie's $257.75 million, it will overtake as the year's top grosser sometime late Thursday or early Friday--and just 2 percent behind the pace of 2008's original Iron Man.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles grabbed another $1.09 million yesterday for a 55 percent week-to-week drop. The reboot has earned $149.6 million domestically in its first 20 days, 21 percent more than 2009's G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra.

more to read at BO.com Daily

http://www.boxoffice.com/statistics/bo_numbers/daily/2014-08-28?force_kind=true

I just heard from him yesterday, he says he's finally settling down so has a bit more time to do things. But, I highly doubt he'll be back on here anytime soon. :sadno:

• Like 1

this weekend, my local drive-ins are playing:

-TMNT / GOTG

-Expendables 3 / Sin City 2

-Goonies / Gremlins

-GOTG / TMNT

-Goonies / Gremlins

-Expendables 3 / TMNT

Goonies and Gremlins.  I'm booking a trip to Toledo.

• Like 3